Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Model Sales Split

NetWalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Auto
I like my Redline interior except for the seat stripe. I personally would have liked that to be black. What I can not get over is you can option a blackout kit to remove most of the chrome but the window surrounds and door handle are chrome that are black and bory coloured on lower end models. I want my chrome GONSKIE...eventually I will replace at a minimum the window surround chrome.

Cheers...

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
if possible would one of you top blokes(ie cuda or rooilyn)post an interior pic of the said cream suede stuff?..no biggie but as i haven't seen one in the flesh im curiarse whats the deal with the love/hate décor vibe im reading..cheers..
for those that don't like it,perhaps the interior may be reviewed and other options available in S2 version??

Here is a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 519

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The seat stripe is the big gripe really. Even 'clean' people find that the cream stripe takes on the colour of dark pants, etc.

The only option is to put the sheepskin seat inserts in, which cover up that section of the front seats.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The seat stripe is the big gripe really. Even 'clean' people find that the cream stripe takes on the colour of dark pants, etc.

The only option is to put the sheepskin seat inserts in, which cover up that section of the front seats.

TBH that stripe is the stupidest thing I've seen inside a car for a long time. I just can't see it not getting super grubby + being faux suede it's crazy hard to clean too. Sooo to sum it up Holden if you are reading: less that .5m2 of material would mean I could not buy that particular car :thumbsup:

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I'm a tradey that cream stripe would not last long lol thus I went the vf ssv in black

MPC78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV manual sedan on order
Well it appears that there is a divergence in opinion.

Supposedly Holden offered the SSV interior on the Redline as a delete option I wonder the take up rate? Keeping in mind that at this stage of the model cycle there are plenty of Redline's in dealerships, if you wanted the delete option you would likely have to pay closer to full retail and wait for delivery as the dealer would have to make a special order for you assuming Holden didn't pump out varieties of both.

My question for those of you that prefer the black SSV interior but would like a Redline, how much extra would you be prepared to pay and/or how much extra time for delivery would you be prepared to wait?

For me it's a tough one. Assuming money wasn't an issue I'd be prepared to pay a couple of extra grand and wait an extra month. Any more/any longer than that and I'd be thinking very hard about how much more I really wanted the black interior.

Your thoughts?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Well it appears that there is a divergence in opinion.

Supposedly Holden offered the SSV interior on the Redline as a delete option I wonder the take up rate? Keeping in mind that at this stage of the model cycle there are plenty of Redline's in dealerships, if you wanted the delete option you would likely have to pay closer to full retail and wait for delivery as the dealer would have to make a special order for you assuming Holden didn't pump out varieties of both.

My question for those of you that prefer the black SSV interior but would like a Redline, how much extra would you be prepared to pay and/or how much extra time for delivery would you be prepared to wait?

Don't know about the final price but I'm sure a significant amount would spec up to the redline which even if discounted would be more $$$ for Holden. Most sensible suggestion I have seen on the subject. I'm certain the poo stripe is a deal breaker for many.

For me it's a tough one. Assuming money wasn't an issue I'd be prepared to pay a couple of extra grand and wait an extra month. Any more/any longer than that and I'd be thinking very hard about how much more I really wanted the black interior.

Your thoughts?

I'm not one for waiting for a car. Anything longer than a week is really too long for me.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah I agree MP78. The full black interior in my S2 SV6 looked sporty, but was a little claustrophobic and very hot in the 40-45deg summer days we get here in Wagga. The black in the VF's looks so good and very sporty, the crème / black combo looks classy. Straight crème would be more suited to a Calais no doubt, but for me the black /crème combo just works in the Redline...

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
A lot of people don't realise that you can actually get the cream stripe in the base SSV. We do get a lot of people who want the cream stripe in the regular SSV. It does break up all the black and I suppose that was the idea from Holden, because when all the trim is black it can look a bit boring.

I don't think Holden thought the Redline spec was going to take off like it did and I think longer term that it will die off, which is why they have only kept that model with the one trim option only.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Yeah...but the theory that it helps to break up the black interior kind of dies when you put your arse on it...great from an aesthetics point of view in a brochure...horrible day to day.