Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF motorsports for sale ???

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I'd debate the overpriced generilsation. Including options, mine was $7k more than a Redline and I got a butt tonne more than $7k extra value.

I agree, I thought the pricing was good for what you got compared to the Redline.

Still I'm happy for them to come down in price and I'll consider getting one then hopefully the day after the price goes through the roof.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Overpriced?
Dunno…..
I ordered my Magnum mid January '17, signed the contract/made deposit late January and prepared to wait.
Knew then that I'd be paying full price, but didn't worry too much.
Whilst waiting, I would often go to the Holden website and 'build' a Redline ute with lots of options. This was early on, whilst you could still order utes.

Didn't take long before an optioned Redline ute, via the website, made the Magnum look like a bargain....

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Overpriced?
Dunno…..
I ordered my Magnum mid January '17, signed the contract/made deposit late January and prepared to wait.
Knew then that I'd be paying full price, but didn't worry too much.
Whilst waiting, I would often go to the Holden website and 'build' a Redline ute with lots of options. This was early on, whilst you could still order utes.

Didn't take long before an optioned Redline ute, via the website, made the Magnum look like a bargain....

I hear exactly what you're saying, I ordered my 2016 Redline Ute thinking there was a chance they'd be the last and I won't say I was full on disappointed when the Magnum came out but I did see the value for money I missed out on and the limited production run.

It's the price I ended up paying for being an early adopter who couldn't wait to try and look cool in a red Ute.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
They are overpriced second hand,people are asking new car prices and up to almost 100g for a second hand car,they may have been good value new but that doesnt make them worth more than new car prices second hand,dont get me wrong,they are an awesome car,i dont think they are worth anymore than their new car premium price over a normal redline second hand.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Redbook uses their algorithms which supposedly incorporate recent sales data, sales volume and historical depreciation rates to forward forecast a wholesale, dealer and private price range. Problem is, now that Holden is effectively going by the way of the dodo, such historical depreciation rates may prove to be ineffective. This fact alone could result in higher or lower actual sales prices that Redbook predicts. How quickly Redbook takes such a significant marker change into account is anyone’s guess, as is knowing whether prices will be impacted (up or down).

Also, asking price =/ selling price and sadly carsales doesn’t make sales history available online. As such, those big ticket asks are just outliers and will never be realised in today’s market.

As to why there are so many motorsports for sale, with such vastly varying prices, its probably just a characteristic of why people bought them in the first place. Reasons for buying probably vary from “I wanted the last of a nice V8 sedan” to “It’s a great short term investment and I’ll be able to flip and make a killing” and everything in between.

Those who look at them as a “nice V8 sedan” wouldn’t mind the supposed heaven depreciation if indeed they sell as Redbook implies, they’d be buying a bargain and laughing. Sadly on the flip side, those that thought they could buy and flip a year or two down the track and retire with their windfall would now be crying. Like all investments, their choice is simple, sell and take a loss or hold and hope their initial decisions to buy were based on good rational.

For me, it’s all irrelevant as I bought with no intent to sell. Just wanted a V8 to drive and enjoy. At the time i was Loki g to buy, if only Holden dealers weren’t playing bullshite games they were, it would have been a nicer experience. So, I’ll always remember them for the duchebags they were.

Enjoy family and your cars over the festive season and be safe on the roads ;)

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Just need a few more P platers or Ice heads to wrap some more around a telegraph pole to bring up the value.

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
Holden made a few too many Motorsports. Think I remember about 14% were unsold, where as the Magnums and directors were all allocated to buyers?
Not Directors - a dealer near me had 2 sitting in the showroom for yonks after the factory closed...