Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Mylink DVD

claytonb

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F GTS
hi, I'm trying to covert a AVI file to a DVD to play in the car, but nothing I do works, just says disk error, I've tried playing them in another DVD unit and it plays fine, I tried using DVD+R, DVD-R and also DL, I tried a shop brought one and that plays ok. I have checked out the owners handbook but it is not very helpful regarding DVD formats etc!!

Sockskeepyouwarm

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Acclaim Sedan
Maybe it uses MP4? Or maybe you need to actually burn it into the disc not just copy the files over. Using a program like NERO etc...

gamerguy45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exeutive
Yeah you need to convert them to the format DVD movies use. DVD is not a format its a storage media if you just burn and AVI or MP4 to it that doesn't make it a DVD in the sense most people think of it. You need to convert and burn it so its the format a DVD movie is in. I would also suggest NERO I use it for all my AVCHD discs (format for Bought Blu-ray Discs)

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
I'm using ImTOO DVD Creator, been using it for years to covert AVI's to play in a standalone DVD player but still they will not play in the car?
ImTOO DVD Creator: DVD Movie Creator, Convert/Burn WMV to DVD, MP4 to DVD

If the DVDs play in your PC or home player drives but not MyLink, try burning at a slower speed (this was mostly corrected and not needed with new recording media and drives, however it's worth a shot)

Try a different brand of DVD record media, old dives were also fussy about DVD+R discs compared with DVD-R media, it's an option but again shouldn't make a difference on such a new player. Again older player drives had some issues with DVD+/-R Dual Layer discs, if you're using those.

Next would be to try a different DVD burner.

Not familiar with I'm TOO DVD Creator, however check for selection boxes on the recording options, look for compatibility modes etc

I'll have my redline hopefully by next weekend and will try if you haven't sorted by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
I can't think of a reason why I would ever want to watch a DVD in the car.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
You, as the driver might not, but its nice for passengers on long trips. Especially kids.

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
You, as the driver might not, but its nice for passengers on long trips. Especially kids.

Its impossible to watch a DVD while driving the car. The car has to be stationary in park or neutral before the DVD will allow it.