Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF MyLink Questions

Welshy73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
I'm new to Holden, and 300km into my new Calais VF. I love it. Still working out how to get some of the voice commands working better, but otherwise, I am hugely satisfied. The only one thing that I have been unable to solve, and which is starting to annoy me, is how you Pause and Play a track playing from the iPod/iPhone, and presumably when playing a CD too, although I haven't tried that yet. I note from the Handbook that cars that do not have Sat Nav have a Pause/Play button on the dash, but this is given up to Nav when you have Sat Nav. So if you are playing a track, and you want to temporarily stop play for some reason, and then resume play from where you were, it can't be done. On the steering wheel you can mute the playback, but of course that doesn't stop the track it just mutes it. On the screen you can move to the start or the end of the track, but again, it doesn't solve the problem.

Is there something I am missing, or is this just a flaw caused by Holden deciding to give up the appropriate button to another function?

Any guidance from you Holden pros out there would be much appreciated.

----------

Did you ever find a solution to the play/pause in the VF that has Navigation?

Welshy73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
I'm new to Holden, and 300km into my new Calais VF. I love it. Still working out how to get some of the voice commands working better, but otherwise, I am hugely satisfied. The only one thing that I have been unable to solve, and which is starting to annoy me, is how you Pause and Play a track playing from the iPod/iPhone, and presumably when playing a CD too, although I haven't tried that yet. I note from the Handbook that cars that do not have Sat Nav have a Pause/Play button on the dash, but this is given up to Nav when you have Sat Nav. So if you are playing a track, and you want to temporarily stop play for some reason, and then resume play from where you were, it can't be done. On the steering wheel you can mute the playback, but of course that doesn't stop the track it just mutes it. On the screen you can move to the start or the end of the track, but again, it doesn't solve the problem.

Is there something I am missing, or is this just a flaw caused by Holden deciding to give up the appropriate button to another function?

Any guidance from you Holden pros out there would be much appreciated.

Did you ever find a solution to the play/pause button?

h1tek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
Hi all

1. Has anyone come back to their car and noticed that the MyLink doesnt start up at the folder/song it was on when you parked? At first I though it was something to do with it sensing the wrong key at unlock... but since I do 95% of the driving (it's a work car) and for the majority of that the other key is nowhere near where the car is (read: at home locked away) then I don't think it's that. I started to keep a list of what song and where in that song the MyLink is when I shut off the car, and then what song and where it starts when I come back and start it up and have found an interesting correlation... 3 trips. Each time I start the car the MyLink is starting at the song (and place IN the song) that it was at when switched off three trips before. Is there a setting I have missed to fix this or is it just a vaguerie of the new MyLink system?

I have the same issue. sometimes the song plays from where it was when I turned the car off, sometimes it starts from the top of my playlist. its getting so frustrating. heard the first song on the list way too many times now. any fixes yet? had my software upgraded yesterday, holden said it was fixed. then I went out last night, and it restarts again... soo annoying

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
That is all typical Mylink.
I need to go in and get mine sorted because it drives me insane.

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Does anyone occasionally get "Phonebook download in progress" when trying to make calls via voice recognition?

I am using iPhone 6+ and it can continue to happen until I restart the car after a reasonably long trip. 30 minutes plus.

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
Okay I have a 2014 September build MY05 SSV Redline and its just been updated (two updates I think) to the latest software - lines on the reverse camera etc. I also have a windows phone. The phone worked fine before - meaning that I just pushed the 'Phone' button on the menu buttons below the screen, and away we went. NOW, after the updates, the same procedure will ONLY work if the radio is turned on. This procedure worked before regardless of the radio being on or off. Is this normal with the latest updates?

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Okay I have a 2014 September build MY05 SSV Redline and its just been updated (two updates I think) to the latest software - lines on the reverse camera etc. I also have a windows phone. The phone worked fine before - meaning that I just pushed the 'Phone' button on the menu buttons below the screen, and away we went. NOW, after the updates, the same procedure will ONLY work if the radio is turned on. This procedure worked before regardless of the radio being on or off. Is this normal with the latest updates?

Hey mate
When I try to do anything with the phone with the Radio off it doesn't allow me via message on screen and if Im using voice command it says back to me it has to be powered on. Now if you are receiving a call and the radio is off it automatically turns on and displays the phone call. So to answer your comments above the correct way is that it needs the radio on to have full function and control of the phone. Mine does anyway

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
Hey mate
When I try to do anything with the phone with the Radio off it doesn't allow me via message on screen and if Im using voice command it says back to me it has to be powered on. Now if you are receiving a call and the radio is off it automatically turns on and displays the phone call. So to answer your comments above the correct way is that it needs the radio on to have full function and control of the phone. Mine does anyway

okay that's the behaviour - good then its the way its supposed to be not something gone awry!

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
What about the voice turn-by-turn feature of the satnav - is there a way to have it stop saying "turn left in xxxx" while on a phone call?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
What about the voice turn-by-turn feature of the satnav - is there a way to have it stop saying "turn left in xxxx" while on a phone call?

I looked into this.
You can disable the voice commands through Mylink.
You think it would be smarter though and prioritize the phone conversation over the sat-nav instructions so you didn't have to turn them off each time you get a phone call.