Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF MyLink Questions

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
I looked into this.
You can disable the voice commands through Mylink.
You think it would be smarter though and prioritize the phone conversation over the sat-nav instructions so you didn't have to turn them off each time you get a phone call.

Yeah but if you then miss a turn instruction due to the phone call... and drive off a cliff... and then sue them... are we seeing the pattern here!

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
I looked into this.
You can disable the voice commands through Mylink.
You think it would be smarter though and prioritize the phone conversation over the sat-nav instructions so you didn't have to turn them off each time you get a phone call.
Yep I ended up disabling the voice commands because of this. Also complained to holden customer care telling them that when I used google maps on my phone as a GPS it was smart enough to mute the GPS while on a hands-free call. I guess they never took my advice in the software updates

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I guess they never took my advice in the software updates

I don't think they have taken any advice from anyone on Mylink.
They could do worse than listen to the people that use the stupid thing everyday.

Locky d

Reaction score
Members Ride
My15 sv6 sports wagon
My VF didn't come with satnav, is there a way of getting it for free via a weblink and installing it?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ No (apparently there's some hardware involved).

I have a question - how do I sit & listen to the radio for 10 minutes while waiting for the better-half?
I turn the engine off, hit the button again to light-up the orange LED to put it in Accessories mode; but it turns off in 5 minutes & the interior lights come on, and 30 seconds later the fun goes away.
Can't find any MyLink settings to fix this.
How do people watch a DVD? Hit the start button every 5 minutes? Surely not?

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
The Mylink is not being updated for IOS in the short to medium term as development work for IOS being being wound down in the AV software industry. Most development work is being done for Andriod and the Windows Phone platform. Also as the mylink is QNX based which is an Android based system explains in part why it has only limited support for IOS.

This doesn't seem like winding down IOS support to me:
Chevrolet launches Apple CarPlay, Android Auto across 14 models | ExtremeTech

Given IOS is a large market player in the US I doubt GM will be winding down any IOS support. That said the MyLink system in the VF was old, even before the cars launch and problems with IOS and Win Phone are very much evident. Holden don't seem in any hurry to get it fixed either - which probably has to do with this version of MyLink being phased out in the US and support winding up at GM.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline

I have a question - how do I sit & listen to the radio for 10 minutes while waiting for the better-half?
I turn the engine off, hit the button again to light-up the orange LED to put it in Accessories mode; but it turns off in 5 minutes & the interior lights come on, and 30 seconds later the fun goes away.

Hold the button down for a longer period, about ten seconds.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Thanks Daniel. :)

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

Surely we do.
I haven't sorted it out and it does my head in.
Want to listen to the radio while washing the car?????
Not with a VF you cant.