Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF MyLink Questions

somfman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6
Has anyone having this situation where Mylink doesn't start from the previously played track tried creating specific playlists? If you don't create your own playlist I think Mylink creates its own - you can see an option to "delete automatic playlist" in the menu. I do my own playlists and have never had the issue that is being described. It always picks up from exactly the point in the song that it was playing when the car was turned off. I am only referring to the situation where you are using a USB stick.

Another point regarding the indexing. I load up a 32GB USB stick and usually have about 8-10 playlists to control the order of the songs. I have a reasonably large collection so I go through it alphabetically by artist. So I might for example load all artists from A-L (32GB worth) and have a playlist for each letter, eg A.pls, B.pls etc. Every few weeks the playlist will complete and I'll load the next one on the stick. Here's the main point - the only time that indexing prevents me from making any changes (eg loading a playlist) is the first time it's accessed after being loaded with a new batch of songs. Every time after that even though "indexing" appears on the screen for a short time it does not hamper normal operations. If however I load a new album on that stick and regenerate a playlist it will do a full index.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'll give that a try, I've only got two specific playlists I created for testing whether it would work ... so I could indeed use one of those.

Speaking of playlists, though, is there a way to get it to display the playlist without the file extension? I created some ... m3u's I think they were, as it was easiest getting software to do that for me, and it displays the .m3u filename extension. However without the extension, MyLink doesn't recognise it as a playlist file.
It now occurs to me - have I neglected to assign a name, which is why it's displaying the filename?
I know it's a minor thing, it's just ... well, messy. :)

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
I use a 64GB USB stick, its full. I have no playlists & the song always starts where I left it. I use MediaMonkey to organise my libraries. I generally have my library on shuffle by song.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I found out by accident today that whilst in reverse with the camera active on my link, if you press the left hand round button (tune I think) you can brighten/darken the camera view.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I don't have any playlists, I just leave it on shuffle all the time.
I will create a playlist or 2 and see what happens.

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
Has anyone having this situation where Mylink doesn't start from the previously played track tried creating specific playlists? If you don't create your own playlist I think Mylink creates its own - you can see an option to "delete automatic playlist" in the menu. I do my own playlists and have never had the issue that is being described. It always picks up from exactly the point in the song that it was playing when the car was turned off. I am only referring to the situation where you are using a USB stick.

Another point regarding the indexing. I load up a 32GB USB stick and usually have about 8-10 playlists to control the order of the songs. I have a reasonably large collection so I go through it alphabetically by artist. So I might for example load all artists from A-L (32GB worth) and have a playlist for each letter, eg A.pls, B.pls etc. Every few weeks the playlist will complete and I'll load the next one on the stick. Here's the main point - the only time that indexing prevents me from making any changes (eg loading a playlist) is the first time it's accessed after being loaded with a new batch of songs. Every time after that even though "indexing" appears on the screen for a short time it does not hamper normal operations. If however I load a new album on that stick and regenerate a playlist it will do a full index.

How many songs are in any of yoru playlists?
I have an issue where mylink wont access one with 320 files, but accesses the smaller ones no problems.

Also i use a 128gb stick full and it never indexes unless i make a change. However it needs to completely finish indexing to not do it again

somfman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6
I currently have 9 playlists on the stick with the following file counts:

Mylink is able to access and play each of these correctly without any of the hiccups mentioned by others. If anyone's interested I use a program call "Playlist Creator" to generate the playlists and save them in .pls format.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I currently have 9 playlists on the stick with the following file counts:

Mylink is able to access and play each of these correctly without any of the hiccups mentioned by others. If anyone's interested I use a program call "Playlist Creator" to generate the playlists and save them in .pls format.

If you go into Mylink and select songs and random, do they still play properly?

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
Thanks Somfman - so something strange with my playlist then. i saved them in a m3u. il try pls

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
Has anyone managed to get the satnav to warn you when approaching a fixed camera intersection? or even show up on the map?