Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf oil dipstick troubles

JamieVYVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV
Hello i have a 2014 Ssv and since fitting extractors cannot get the dipstick tube to fit back in so are using a small flexible one for now has anyone else had this issue ? I have read other forum posts about bending it but think i would break it trying it gets annoying near burning my fingers off going anywhere near it why is the dipstick hole right at the back near the starter motor and not straight down where the casting is on the sump ? Answer is to make it harder to get the dipstick in

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
What brand and size extractors have you fitted?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I haven’t fitted extractors to my VF (yet), but did on all my previous models and the dipstick tube is always a bastard to get back in, but it can be done. I don’t see that it would be any different with the VF.

JamieVYVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV
What brand and size extractors have you fitted?
The Extractors and cats are Ebay specials 1 and 3/4 inch great sound but a big bugger to fit dipstick back in

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190214-173135.png
    Screenshot_20190214-173135.png
    355 KB · Views: 299

JamieVYVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV
I haven’t fitted extractors to my VF (yet), but did on all my previous models and the dipstick tube is always a bastard to get back in, but it can be done. I don’t see that it would be any different with the VF.
As mentioned above the brand is a ebay sellers brand about $700 all up for 1 and 3/4 inch and high flo cats i don't know if Ve 6.0 have the dipstick straight down to the sump or if it is located like the Vf right at the back near the starter motor but the pan has a casting straight down below the extractors where one would think it should of been but its at the back i am going to try to fit the dipstick back in when i get spare time

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
I have been down this path before,I bent the dip stick tube and it was a real turd to insert the dip stick,don’t do it as a new one is near to $70 for just the tube,put car up on stands securely and get some one underneath to watch where it’s going,just keep trying different angles and you will get it in,they are a little bit different VF to Ve as they appeared to have moved the hole in the block a bit more to the starter.

JamieVYVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV
I have been down this path before,I bent the dip stick tube and it was a real turd to insert the dip stick,don’t do it as a new one is near to $70 for just the tube,put car up on stands securely and get some one underneath to watch where it’s going,just keep trying different angles and you will get it in,they are a little bit different VF to Ve as they appeared to have moved the hole in the block a bit more to the starter.
Cheers for that the original tube yes got broken bought a replacement think it was $40 but yeah i will try the jack stands and get a friend to guide it down from the top yes it is a fun thingv to try and gey back in that is why i ended up getting a smaller flexible one but really want the original one put back in cheers again