Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF or VE series 2

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Also, the Petrol VF evoke is the 3.0L, vs the 3.6L in the VE SV6.

I think you answered your question about gear change there.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Thanks very much everyone.
Was probably going to get the ve sv6 but then I read about the timing chain issues. Is this a risk with the ve that is resolved with the vf?
The Alloytec timing chain issues were resolved with VE2, the fixes carried-over into VF.

King Brown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV Series2 6.2 Sportswagon
We have both, She drives a 2011 SV6 Sedan, I'm driving a 2014 VF evoke LPG wagon.
we've had the SV6 since new and it gets an oil change every 10K km, 15K is too long. It's just ticked over 110k and no major issues to date. (Clockspring failed and one HVAC actuator failed), I have fitted the SS front disc and caliper brackets for better brakes though.
It is actually a nicer car IMHO than the VF evoke wagon - nicer seats, feels planted on the road, shifts later in the rev range, just nicer to be behind the wheel of.
The evoke is a good car too, the Mylink is better than the IQ, just. Rear camera is nice? Auto park is a nice gimmick, but i can have the car parked and get out before it's picked a suitable spot.
I could change the seats, fit FE2 suspension, etc etc, to get the Evoke to be as nice as the SV6, but i can't be bothered.
I wanted a VE11 SV6 wagon on LPG, but the VF wagon came at a good price.

Also, the Petrol VF evoke is the 3.0L, vs the 3.6L in the VE SV6.

Stylistically, how would you compare ?

( I prefer the Grille in the VF2 Evoke to it's sibling designs !! )

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Corolla - ~6-7L / 100
V6 3.0L - 9L / 100
V8 - 13L / 100
ymmv

Ok - I saw somewhere it will do 20km/day on average so (say) 150km/week to make things easy....

You will use 10.5l in the carolla vs 13.5L in the V6 and a huge 20.25L for the V8. For the extra $15/week I'd have the V8 - no brainer what so ever IMO.