Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF or VE series 2

ponyboynz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Corolla
Hi there
Just wanted peoples opinions as looking to buy a first Commodore for the family. With our budget my preference is ve series 2 sv6 sedan while the partner likes the vf evoke wagon. I dont like the look of the wagon at all but cant afford a vf sv6 wagon. What do you think of the ve series 2 versus the vf? Is the evoke a good car or the sv6 ve series 2 very similar?

Thanks very much

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Well the two are very different in terms of:
1. Handling (hydraulic vs electric in the VF)
2. Gadgets (Rear parking camera, parking sensors, self park, blind spot monitoring on the VF
3. Interior (MyLink system which is newer than the VE)
4. Engine (3.0L vs 3.6L)

Amongst other things .

Rather than asking us here to 'vote' it would be a good idea to take both for a test drive to look into how you feel about the handling and power of both cars, then make a judgement on the interiors as the VF interior is far more modern than the VE's. It will come down to your needs for your family. Good luck!

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Vf evoke doesn't get blindspot alert unless optioned

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I would go the vf myself, i had a evoke sedan and had no issues with it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I think it would come down to whether the newer & better-looking interior plus the couple of extra safety features (eg. the reversing camera & the front collision alert - assume all VF's got that?) are worth more to you than the slightly better performance & appearance of the VE2 SV6. I don't recall any reliability-related differences, for example I'm fairly sure all the timing chain issues in the HFV6 were resolved by VE2.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
drive them both. see what you think.

after you drive the VF i can guarantee you won't want a bar of the VE.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Id go VF for the extra modcons and updated interior but otherwise they are a very similar car. I don't really notice the differences between VE SS and VF SS.

ponyboynz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Corolla
Ok thank you very much for all your replies. Just a couple of other questions. Do I need to be careful getting a white evoke as it may be an ex police vehicle? Also we currently have a 1.8 litre toyota corolla 2003 will it be a huge jump on fuel? We don't use every day. 2 days a week we probably drive 20kms a day and maybe one day a week we do a longer drive. It's not for work or anything.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Ok thank you very much for all your replies. Just a couple of other questions. Do I need to be careful getting a white evoke as it may be an ex police vehicle? Also we currently have a 1.8 litre toyota corolla 2003 will it be a huge jump on fuel? We don't use every day. 2 days a week we probably drive 20kms a day and maybe one day a week we do a longer drive. It's not for work or anything.
v6 probably double in fuel, v8 probably triple.

ybl8te

Reaction score
Members Ride
calis vn v8
VE have the timing chain and oil sluge issue...................plenty of comments about that on here.....have a look.....