Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Paddle Shift and other Bits and Pieces i have fitted over the past week!

bb_zetec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SV6 Sportwagon Slipstream Blue Black Ed.
Hi Guys,

I've fitted the VF Paddle Shift Kit and Sports style wheel onto my car. Why?...Well because i can and its still available to buy. :)

Kudos to this thread here which i used as a guide:
How To: Change a VF Steering Wheel | Page 4 | Just Commodores

The only thing i did differently was to only remove the Airbag Fuse, as i had push button start, firstly i started the car rotated the wheel 180 degrees to gain access to the rear holes to remove the airbag, and then turn it off again, then i removed the airbag fuse, and did not start it again until the fuse was re-inserted.

Also it comes with a small loom that has the paddle shift and steering wheel button connectors on it, you will need to swap the existing non paddle loom on your horn ring with the supplied one.

The Part# for the Paddle Shift Kit and Wheel is 92276595 .

Note it does not come with the Centre Bolt that retains the wheel, i got a new one part# 11610164 with the blue loctite on it and didn't reuse the old one, but you probably could if you just re-apply loctite to it. Use a good quality Torx Bit when removing, along with a decent breaker bar. i used a galvanised pipe on my breaker bar to crack the the centre bolt.

Now the Fun Part comes with finding a dealer that will enable the Paddle Shift Kit, my local one who i ordered the parts from wouldnt do it, they said it was because Holden Fired the people required to do this at the Head Office etc. and that the BCM needed to be downloaded and sent to them for modification which did not sound correct to me.

I contacted another larger service centre who is a Holden Service/ GMSV Dealer also, and they were able to activate it in the BCM For me in their service department for a set fee.

It works well and does not require you to move the gearstick from the D position at all, if you just use the paddles it enters manual mode. if you dont shift for a while it goes back to D by itself and also when you stop it returns to D. The button quality is not too bad...but usual made in China stuff similar to the steering wheel buttons etc..

Paddle Shift Kit.png

I also fitted some new SV6 Scuff Plates and Bonnet/Headlamp Protectors...my wife thinks im pedantic but ive always put these things on every car i buy, a false sense of security i s'pose thinking i wont get any stone chips? To remove the old ones i used the heat gun to warm the double sided tape and a plastic trim removing tool to lever them up. The Part# for these plates is 92281262.

92283311 - VF Smoked Bonnet Protector

92259626 - Headlamp Protector Set VF

Scuff.png

Bonnet and Light Protectors.png

Oh any if anybody is looking for the Cargo Liner Part# for a Wagon it is 92207478 - VF Wagon Boot Mat. VE Also uses the same one.

The Rear Floor Mats for a VF Sedan/Wagon in the Passenger Area are# 92278364-REAR in case anybody is looking for those either.

Next item to fit is the dual tip mufflers i bought, as i miss that look from my old SS Wagon and it fills the rear gap up better than the single tipped standard ones.

15SUPERSPORT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore/Chevy SS
Hi Guys,

I've fitted the VF Paddle Shift Kit and Sports style wheel onto my car. Why?...Well because i can and its still available to buy. :)

Kudos to this thread here which i used as a guide:
How To: Change a VF Steering Wheel | Page 4 | Just Commodores

The only thing i did differently was to only remove the Airbag Fuse, as i had push button start, firstly i started the car rotated the wheel 180 degrees to gain access to the rear holes to remove the airbag, and then turn it off again, then i removed the airbag fuse, and did not start it again until the fuse was re-inserted.

Also it comes with a small loom that has the paddle shift and steering wheel button connectors on it, you will need to swap the existing non paddle loom on your horn ring with the supplied one.

The Part# for the Paddle Shift Kit and Wheel is 92276595 .

Note it does not come with the Centre Bolt that retains the wheel, i got a new one part# 11610164 with the blue loctite on it and didn't reuse the old one, but you probably could if you just re-apply loctite to it. Use a good quality Torx Bit when removing, along with a decent breaker bar. i used a galvanised pipe on my breaker bar to crack the the centre bolt.

Now the Fun Part comes with finding a dealer that will enable the Paddle Shift Kit, my local one who i ordered the parts from wouldnt do it, they said it was because Holden Fired the people required to do this at the Head Office etc. and that the BCM needed to be downloaded and sent to them for modification which did not sound correct to me.

I contacted another larger service centre who is a Holden Service/ GMSV Dealer also, and they were able to activate it in the BCM For me in their service department for a set fee.

It works well and does not require you to move the gearstick from the D position at all, if you just use the paddles it enters manual mode. if you dont shift for a while it goes back to D by itself and also when you stop it returns to D. The button quality is not too bad...but usual made in China stuff similar to the steering wheel buttons etc..

View attachment 225577

Nice work. Don't know if they ship to Australia, but I had these on my 2014 and they were awesome. Felt great, adjustable, easy to find in the turns.

https://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/en/paddle-shifters-chevrolet/2014-chevrolet-ss-sedan_108.htm

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
What was the price you got quoted by the service centre to get the BCM flashed? Just about to order a paddle shift kit for my VFII SV6, and wanting to have an idea on the price when I call around the dealerships (Though I'm sure many will say they don't know...)

Love the sill plates! Got the Holden emblem ones myself. Certainly a million times better than the scrap bin stock versions

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

15SUPERSPORT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore/Chevy SS
I have a pair like that on my Maloo, I actually prefer the factory paddles on the VF.

I liked them a lot. Had them set pretty sensitive, just a touch for a gear change. I had the brushed silver, saw a couple of guys with the brushed red, looked awesome with the red stitching in the SS.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I have a pair like that on my Maloo, I actually prefer the factory paddles on the VF.
Long paddles don't work on a VF because the paddles pull in from the side. Long one's work on a BMW etc where the paddles pull in from the top. The factory paddles are good but they function (pivot) a bit different than most.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
What was the price you got quoted by the service centre to get the BCM flashed? Just about to order a paddle shift kit for my VFII SV6, and wanting to have an idea on the price when I call around the dealerships (Though I'm sure many will say they don't know...)

Love the sill plates! Got the Holden emblem ones myself. Certainly a million times better than the scrap bin stock versions
Had mine done about 12months ago mate at Holden, cost me $140.00 and took 15 minutes. Cheers

bb_zetec

Reaction score
Members Ride

Yeah many don't know or don't bother anymore, im not sure if they are just being lazy or if they did not pay Holden to renew some sort of licensing fee to access and program BCM's using the diagnostic equipment?

The dealer here charged me $225 to do it. It seems everything Holden has risen in price lately. But they are a big GMSV/Holden Service centre so knew what i was talking about.

The steering wheel bolt has even gone up to $24 when it only used to be 7 or 8 bux. Cheaper to get from GM USA but shipping time.

bb_zetec

Reaction score
Members Ride
I liked them a lot. Had them set pretty sensitive, just a touch for a gear change. I had the brushed silver, saw a couple of guys with the brushed red, looked awesome with the red stitching in the SS.

They look pretty big mate, but would look good in the anodized black...do they brush against any of the stalks or interfere with access to them?

15SUPERSPORT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore/Chevy SS
They look pretty big mate, but would look good in the anodized black...do they brush against any of the stalks or interfere with access to them?

No sir. They are big, but that is awesome when it comes to switching gears on track. Clear the stalks, very ergonomic.

1629385485012.png

1629385562547.png