Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Passive/keyless entry receiver module location 2013 SSV Wagon?

Wilderz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV sportswagon
The Keyless / passive entry on my series 1 2013 vf ssv sports wagon is shot.
I can still unlock the car with the remote. However the fob is not being detected and the car cannot be started unless he key is placed in the centre console.
After having the keys reprogrammed, new battery installed in the car & taking it to the local auto electricians it would appear that the receiver module itself needs replacing.

Does anyone have any idea as to the location of the passive/ keyless entry receiver module in the wagons?
Somewhere in the rear I believe. I'm looking to sell the car soon so ideally I would like to locate it and find the model number for the part so I can try to save some money by sourcing one myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I can still unlock the car with the remote. However the fob is not being detected and the car cannot be started unless he key is placed in the centre console.
After having the keys reprogrammed, new battery installed in the car & taking it to the local auto electricians it would appear that the receiver module itself needs replacing.

Does anyone have any idea as to the location of the passive/ keyless entry receiver module in the wagons?
Somewhere in the rear I believe. I'm looking to sell the car soon so ideally I would like to locate it and find the model number for the part so I can try to save some money by sourcing one myself.

I think it will be in the back of the centre console where the rear vents are. You need to take the console out of the car.

Nando.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv redline.

Hi.
I had similar problem and all I did is changed the Battery in my key remote .it has been good since then.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I had similar problem and all I did is changed the Battery in my key remote .it has been good since then.
The OP has tried that..

new battery installed in the car & taking it to the local auto electricians it would appear that the receiver module itself needs replacing.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Hi.

I had exactly the same problem as the OP and like you it was all fixed just by replacing the battery in the remote key.

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Do you mean you changed the car battery or the remote key battery?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I'd try another fob battery from a different supplier.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The workshop manual (in PDF format) doesn't clarify the details much but parts seem to depend on what system is installed into the vehicle.

With the full on keyless passive entry, the one where you can walk up to the car and press the button on the door handle to unlock, there is the keyless entry control module, the remote door lock reciever and a few ignition lock key transmitter antennas...

The keyless entry control module is located on the rear parcel shelf in a sedan and behind the right rear quarter panel trim in a wagon.

The remote door lock reciever is also locate on the rear parcel shelf in a sedan and behind the liftgate upper trim panel in a wagon.

The front ignition lock key transmitter antennas is located in the front of the console below the HVAC and in front of the center console while the middle ignition lock key transmitter antennas is located at the rear of the floor console (unde the rear vents). There is not distinction made between sedan and wagon.

The rear ignition lock key transmitter antennas is located in the boot of the sedan under the carpet and just behind the cabin access hatch but there is no listing for the wagon (so presumably it exists in the same location or it doesn't exist at all...

When the system misbehaves, always always change the key fob battery first. Use a new fresh quality battery, check the manufacturing/exiration date. Do note that these key fobs are rather sensitive to lower voltage when the battery seems ok buit is just below 3V. At lower volts it may work, sort of, but you will experiance reliably issues, so don't think a 2.7V battery is OK...

And the whole keyless entry stuff needs factory tools to program correctly so i'd never use a Mr Mint or such to reprogram my keys... Such may cause their own set of issues :rolleyes:

Conger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega
interesting ! Just bought a 2015 sv6 sedan and all the passive locking works Except…doors won’t unlock from the little button on drivers and drivers side rear door. Works fine from both passenger side doors. . Same with original and the New key I got made on Thursday. Was the same before the new key was added to the car.
The guy that setup the new key said there were 2 antennas and the drivers side wasn’t playing the game.
He had pretty good scan tool and was able to recover the car pin.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don’t think there is any direct electrical connection between the key-fob & the car, anywhere in the centre-console.
So it seems odd that replacing a module will fix the problem as described, the connection is there it’s just weak.
So the battery was definitely replaced in the key-fob? And it wasn’t some battery that’s been sitting on a shelf for 10 years?