Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2017SSVREDLINE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Black on black on black needs MRDRVF murdered. Or some variation of 187. Maybe ONE87. I have 1EIGHT7.

Attachments

• 6DBE7311-6EF2-4C02-84BC-29F0917A5D31.jpeg
    6DBE7311-6EF2-4C02-84BC-29F0917A5D31.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 87

Lauren2905

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore sv6
seems a little too needy of a personalised plate without a plate in mind, explains half the plates you see getting around though. There's easier things to do than pay hundreds a year just for the right to a gimmick.
Understandable but nothing wrong with getting ideas from a page full of supportive people who all share a passion for their cars. I’m in no rush to get anything. I just thought it would be nice to get some help from others :) each to their own, and if someone is in a financial position to be able to pay for the plates and that’s what they want why not ☺️☺️

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
A couple I've seen around IH8FPV on a Holden Ute. And this one VAG-01L ! Which seems to have slipped past the fun police.
A workmate of mine a few years ago was very proud of having gotten YOMOFO past the fun police, it was fitted to a rod based on a late 30's Ford and he told them that he'd have gone FOMOCO but it was taken so he'd settled with YOMOFO.
He'd lived in LA for about a decade, I don't think he realised how obscure it still was here to call someone a MoFo if you were calling them a motherf**<rudeword>. :)

Segueing onto the "why spend the money?" topic, I mustard mitt, I do recall back when all personalised plates were a one-off fee, so the current concept of paying for them annually is a bit of an anathema to me. But then I'm still paying full rego for the European project car partially because the historic/modded-historic plates look dumb compared to the Euro style ones on it, so how can I talk?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
A workmate of mine a few years ago was very proud of having gotten YOMOFO past the fun police, it was fitted to a rod based on a late 30's Ford and he told them that he'd have gone FOMOCO but it was taken so he'd settled with YOMOFO.
He'd lived in LA for about a decade, I don't think he realised how obscure it still was here to call someone a MoFo if you were calling them a motherf**<rudeword>. :)

Segueing onto the "why spend the money?" topic, I mustard mitt, I do recall back when all personalised plates were a one-off fee, so the current concept of paying for them annually is a bit of an anathema to me. But then I'm still paying full rego for the European project car partially because the historic/modded-historic plates look dumb compared to the Euro style ones on it, so how can I talk?

In Victoria, its still a one off fee. Please don't give 'Dear Leader Dan' any more ideas on how to rip off Vic. motorists.....

VFCalais2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V6 MY17, VX Calais V6 2000
When I purchased my VF Calais in 2018 I wanted personalised plates too.

Originally I wanted to get my initials and birth year however it wasn't available. I ended up choosing the original number plate from my grandfather's truck which is the oldest number plate in our family's history in Australia dating back to 1952.

Rather than the traditional full size black digits on yellow background I went for the full size white digits on black background ABC 123 format with NSW at the top.

They look very nice with the car's silver colour and the number content reminds me of the old truck straight away.

I went for nostalgia rather than personalisation or relating it to the car itself ;)

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Yeah, you still see job ads for Visual Basic developers, so there are still fans out there,

Yeah. I'll drink to that...

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Hey Lauren, I’ve just gone to the VicRoads site, custom plates. I put in “NERUAL” it’s available! It’s your name spelt backwards, obviously. So when people look in their rear view mirror when your behind them, Bingo! Just saying.