Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF possably to have cadalac Twin turbo 3.6L

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
A supercharged V8 has pretty much been confirmed. This 3.6TT might be a base engine in the HSV range?

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
discussing it with a head dealer at a certain holden yard today and he said the same as someone above about cutting of the sales of the 8 and also the fact that it could be something in a HSV range to also go with the blown 8's, that has been said are now the option in the VF HSV range . but again doesn't see it happening i was just passing along a bit of info is all guys =) probably something to work towards after the commodore finishes which im sure none of us are looking forward to at all.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I don't get why people think it will cut sales of the 8. Ford seem to be doing fine with their forced 6 forced 8 options?

vt6banger

Major Procrastinator
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 355
i reckon if anyones gonna get the ttv6 it'll be HSV not Holden, Holden didnt get LS7, HSV did, Holden didnt get the LS3, Hsv did. Holden may eventually get the LS3 when HSV get the LT1 though

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
HSV isn't any where near as exclusive as it once was. A lot of people want power and won't care if it has HSV or Holden on it. So yes strong chance it will be HSV only.

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
the vf engine is supposed to be a ls3 with different heads and AFM?? am i wrong orrrr
i dunno thought i read that somewhere

vt6banger

Major Procrastinator
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 355
from what Ive read all the V8 VF's that have been seen are all 6.0, so ls2. The yanks will get the LS3 in the SS and probably LT1 next year and Ive read that hsv has same/similar drivelines to the SS...

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
ah ok mm well disappointing i was hoping for the LT1 over here personally i read about it and got all excited aswell haha