Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Radio Changing source on engine stop.

Discussion in 'Car Audio' started by John Revill, Jul 4, 2018.

1. John Revill

John Revill Active Member

Members Ride:
    WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
    I thought I'd share that problem I have had with my VF headunit. The problem is intermittent and I can't reproduce it on call. Basically if I am listening to music off a USB stick, I have had randomly when I turn off the engine the head unit turn to the radio. If I restart the engine before getting out of the car, the head unit goes back to playing from the USB. Holden updated my MyLink version a couple of days ago, so hopefully this will fix the problem. This video shows the problem.

2. asalsa6

asalsa6 New Member

Members Ride:
    VF Commodore MY15
    I have a similar issue and it has to do with my favourite radio stations that I have saved. Every so often, the favourites go away and are replaced by some others which I don't know where they come from. When I turn off the engine, the favourites come back. Again, it happens intermittently, so it's hard to pinpoint. The only thing that I can think might be common is that I have my fan/ac on. How about you, does it occur when your fan/ac is working?

3. chrisp

chrisp Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
    Are you using the same key each time? I think the favourites are linked to the key.

4. asalsa6

asalsa6 New Member

Members Ride:
    VF Commodore MY15
    Hi Chrisp, yes, definitely using the same key each time. Have even put in new battery in the key. I noticed it was doing this not long after the car was purchased. The issue is annoying, not a huge one. Please keep the suggestions coming.

5. Ross Wonderley

Ross Wonderley Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS A6
    Mine changes back to its original list of FM Sydney stations in favourites within a few days each time I change them.

I sometimes listen to my Spotify playlist on my phone via Bluetooth. Sometimes to ABC local radio. If the latter was on when I last switched off the car, that's what I get on startup, but if I was listening to Bluetooth, it changes to a different FM station.