Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf radio code?

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Does my 2013 vf ssv have a radio/icc code?
Im planning to do my harmonic balancer soon and the flywheel locking tool im buying requires me to remove the starter motor so ill be disconnecting the battery.
Cheers

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I believe the MyLink has the VIN number stored within the firmware. On power up, MyLink checks it’s stored value against that stored within the ECU. If all matches things work, if not functions are inhibited.

This makes it a little more complex to replace a failed unit with one from another car as the stored VIN needs to be changed to that of the receiving vehicle.

So, you should be good to disconnect power though you may loose some data (maybe time, data, radio stations, etc, what’s lost is probably specified in the owners manual).

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Thankyou for the fast reply,much appreciated,still on a steep learning curve with this holden.
Cheers

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
As someone who is new to Holden, check out the VF workshop manual which may of interest to you.

It’s for the VF (not VF II) and sadly the internal links within the PDF don’t work so navigation is a pain at times.

Anyway, I use a PC and open the PDF within LibreOffice (free open source software) then i click on the bookmark icon on the left of the window which opens an index, in a left pane within the window. I can then click on an index entry to open it up and show the page within the right pane of the window that way making it easier to navigate ;)

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yes the security is done by vin checking over the swcan.
if you do have any issue with the mylink security check just start the vehicle and it should sync and unlock.