Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

JowlBra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss s1
hey im new to driving a 2015 vf ss s1 im a little unsure on whats a safe rpm to rev out to before i change gears when doing a pull ?

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Standard L77 has the rev limiter set at 6000rpm. That's not going to hurt a good engine.

vitalz36

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss redline 2014
Hey All
Thinking of getting the FTP 375 Package from Formula Tech in WA ($4800) for my VF1 SSV REDLINE
  • OTR Cold-Air Induction System
  • Headers & Hi-flow cats
  • 3″ cat back
  • FTP ECU Recalibration
I found a video of this done on a VF2 and the saleman said it would sound the same as vf1....
I would appreciate if anyone can relay their experiences getting this done?

thanks
Mick

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Took my VF2 Calais V6 to the stealership today for a regular service. Just noticed on the invoice that they have used a different engine oil spec - 10W30 instead of 5W30 (recommended by Holden). Should I be worried?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Took my VF2 Calais V6 to the stealership today for a regular service. Just noticed on the invoice that they have used a different engine oil spec - 10W30 instead of 5W30 (recommended by Holden). Should I be worried?
Within the owners manual, car manufacturers used to have a oil spec chart that showed viscosity rating against temperature while stating oil must meet for example API-SG classification. Manufacturers seemed to move away from providing these charts starting some years ago...

Added to the loss of those viscosity charts, GM jumped on the oil spec licensing bandwagon and Dexos Oil was born..... but Dexos is not a viscosity rating just as API is not a viscosity rating....

For the VF, Holden specs Dexos 1 class oil at a 5W-30 viscosity rating... Though I doubt it would cause a huge issue, I’d expect a Holden dealer to follow the manufacturers recommendation and use what is specified. I’d only expect a change in specs if Holden has provided a technical advisory or such to alter oil specs.

So, being that the dealer should do the correct thing, I’d ask them to provide a copy of the Holden technical advisory that altered the oil spec or change the oil for the correct grade... The only issue is how much you trust them. They could easily say it was just a paper work error and it’s actually got the correct oil grade & viscosity in it... they may even say they will change the oil and keep you around while they ultimately do bupkis... So do you trust them?