Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Good point; while the diameter of the wheel itself in NSW has been "anything goes" since at least the 80's, the overall tyre rolling-diameter wasn't previously allowed to vary by more/less than a number which I've forgotten.
You could be right, they may have rolled that up into "speedometer accuracy".
Its states in the “significant modification requiring certification“ section at the end of the document.
For information on when a compliance certificate is required (for example fitting replacement tyres that increase or decrease tyre diameter by more than 7% of the overall original tyre diameter), see VSI No.6 ‘Light vehicle modifications’, or Vehicle Standard Bulletin (VSB) No. 14 ‘National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification’.

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
I don’t know but just because some business sells you something, doesn’t make what they sold you legal on a road vehicle... So, some info in relation to what RMS accepts in terms of wheel mods may be an appropriate read...

PS: keep in mind that the Chevy SS forum is for vehicles in the USA and that in some US states they are afforded much more freedom in relation to modifications. We live in a country of nannies.

Yes thanks for the tip. I had a bit of a read of the regs couple days ago.

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
Put the car on stands and took the wheels off to clean them and prepare them for some ceramic coat. I have the HF20 set and tried putting the rear up against the front. It hits the shock and touches the brembo caliper. So I know now that you cannot put the 9 inch rear on the front. Did some research (google is my friend) and now no a little bit more about PCD and offset. Found some formulas and a definition. Should be easy to measure while I have the wheels off. Well that is my coffee break over, time to get back to work cleaning. :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... (google is my friend) ...
Well not really... you are their product ;)
Watch the netflix movie "the social dilemma" :eek: I call it a movie cause I don't really want to call it a documentry :rolleyes: (we need a tin foil hat emoji)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Well not really... you are their product ;)
Watch the netflix movie "the social dilemma" :eek: I call it a movie cause I don't really want to call it a documentry :rolleyes: (we need a tin foil hat emoji)

i'd be a pretty piss poor product then, i am definitely getting the best end of the deal, lol. suckers!

dwoodzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
hi i bought my VF SSv for 29k a few months ago. now they are advertising for 40k+. whats going on with the used car market? all used cars are increasing across the board

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
hi i bought my VF SSv for 29k a few months ago. now they are advertising for 40k+. whats going on with the used car market? all used cars are increasing across the board

Used car prices have skyrocketed in the past few months. Apparently, this is the best time to sell a used car!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Supply chain issues with new cars.
People dont want to wait, so decent S/H vehicles are more desirable.