Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
Quick question. How do you get to the top of the rear strut. I am looking as some adjustable suspension which would have a top adjustment on the rear. I have a Haynes manual online manual. It has a chapter on dropping out the strut from the bottom but no hints about getting to the top mount. Any help appreciated. Cheers

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Top of the mount sits in a cavity, so either a hole will need to be cut to allow access all the time. Can really only get to it once out though

Steve Bowden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais 6.0 Series 1
I don't know how that would work as I think it would look odd because of the chrome surround on the outside of the grill.

maybe just painting or dipping the slat behind each

youve done a good job with that car.
I'm just looking at tune for now using stock exhaust and air intake.
Hope to tick that off in the next few months. Brakes first.
Thanks mate.

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
Top of the mount sits in a cavity, so either a hole will need to be cut to allow access all the time. Can really only get to it once out though
Thanks for the info

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
For those that have done the diff oil change what was the condition of the old stuff when you took it out? (& at what kms)

I went and got a transmission place to service the diff (at 87k km) and they mentioned that the old stuff in there was pretty bad.

Now I know it was a fleet car so maybe got driven hard in its previous life.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
For those that have done the diff oil change what was the condition of the old stuff when you took it out? (& at what kms)

I went and got a transmission place to service the diff (at 87k km) and they mentioned that the old stuff in there was pretty bad.

Now I know it was a fleet car so maybe got driven hard in its previous life.
I did mine at 75k kms. It looked greyish-black. I had never changed a diff before so I have nothing to compare it to except fresh oil - night and day difference.

15SUPERSPORT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore/Chevy SS
Seems like a good place for this, forgive me if it's been posted here or somewhere else. The remote start on an auto car is a nice feature to cool the car off in the summer, but what about the manual guys? $18.00US will help with the heat. Found an item for an old Chevy Cruze that helps a lot. It's also pretty entertaining at car shows when kids try to peek in the tinted windows if they are up...

https://www.amazon.com/Window-Close...ow+Closer+Open+Controller+for+Chevrolet+Cruze

It really does work on the VF, vid from another Chevy SS owner:

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
My car is due for its wheel alignment (and balancing?) check.
Sydney siders, are there any recommended shops in the Burwood, Strathfield, Homebush, Lidcombe area?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm somewhat of the opinion, having spent a lot of effort & time & money getting probably the best bloke in Sydney to do our SSVR, that for general road use & in terms of tyre-wear, the "local tyre place" will get the same outcome as that great bloke.

Let me clarify ... I'm not saying they'll do as good a job. I mean if you've got a few hours to spare AND you want to go for a blast through the National Park straight after, then go to East Coast Suspensions at Taren Point to get it done PROPERLY. But it was probably only 3 weeks after getting the alignment done that I hit a pothole hard enough (it was raining & the pothole was full - didn't even see it) & on the right angle to scratch a front wheel ... which means the alignment is probably affected. And then driving down a laybacks, I noticed when washing that there've been a few extra gutter-rash marks appearing, just general potholes etc. So I don't think that absolute-perfection alignment will actually stay for very long at all.

Make sure that whoever you get to do it quotes you for all 4, you don't want it only done on the front IMHO (and I guess it'd be nice if whoever you got to do it knew that all 4 needed doing for a VF).

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Seems like a good place for this, forgive me if it's been posted here or somewhere else. The remote start on an auto car is a nice feature to cool the car off in the summer, but what about the manual guys? $18.00US will help with the heat. Found an item for an old Chevy Cruze that helps a lot. It's also pretty entertaining at car shows when kids try to peek in the tinted windows if they are up...

https://www.amazon.com/Window-Close...ow+Closer+Open+Controller+for+Chevrolet+Cruze

It really does work on the VF, vid from another Chevy SS owner:

this was posted a while ago and a few of us have them, they work well.