Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Chrome is the best of the two but neither looks that good
I agree
The ssv front is spot on. They should have just dressed that one up with a bit of chrome for the Calais.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Random VF chat-thought after spending a few hours doing a big loop down south of Sydney and back in the old Volvo project car … I reckon the quality of the average VF driver has improved.

I reckon a bunch of the tools who drive like total arseholes, and who were embarrassingly common in VF’s when we got our MY14, have ditched their VF’s since and replaced them with dual-cabs or SUV’s. Nissan ones were particularly bad today, I’m minding my own business enjoying my music in the left lane at 10km/h over the limit and all these Nissan gerlytrux are tailgating me to hurry me up so they can undertake the person in the middle lane who’s also doing about 10 over the limit …

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I saw a post on the carpet mats for the VF on here the other day and thought I should get a spare set. I picked them up today and the badge is no longer a metal badge. I got replacement mats for my Director which are the mats with the red stitching along the edges. Part number 92283249 matches the BOM I have for my Director too. Cheap Ar*eholes changing the mats....

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I saw a post on the carpet mats for the VF on here the other day and thought I should get a spare set. I picked them up today and the badge is no longer a metal badge. I got replacement mats for my Director which are the mats with the red stitching along the edges. Part number 92283249 matches the BOM I have for my Director too. Cheap Ar*eholes changing the mats....
How much were the mats? As I recall, I took the mats out of the Great Wall 200x we owned and they fit the VF we bought. Same stud buttons and all.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
How much were the mats? As I recall, I took the mats out of the Great Wall 200x we owned and they fit the VF we bought. Same stud buttons and all.
I purchased them for about $130 but you can get them on Ebay around the same price. They are the same part number for which are in my Director but they have changed mat taking the metal logo off.

Maybe the Great wall is a VF platform lol The chinese copied it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

My VF has factory mats from when the original owner bought the car and the lion is plastic/rubber. When were they metal?

I love the chrome on my SSVR, however - the fact that some chrome surrounds on VF's is known to peel (my passengers vent needed to be replaced due to this) has me concerned for longevity of the chrome.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
My VF has factory mats from when the original owner bought the car and the lion is plastic/rubber. When were they metal?

I love the chrome on my SSVR, however - the fact that some chrome surrounds on VF's is known to peel (my passengers vent needed to be replaced due to this) has me concerned for longevity of the chrome.

I'm talking about this style of mat. These were in the limited editions but were available to purchase fror other VF cars. My mats I had in the Calais V and have my current SS have the metal Holden logo.

s-l500.jpg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
When were they metal?
The limited edition specials had mats included. Those front mats had a metal logo that was riveted to them (near the rear of them)…

It’s GM mindset to occasionally change parts and leave the same part number :mad:

(beaten to the post by Anthony :p)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm talking about this style of mat. These were in the limited editions but were available to purchase fror other VF cars. My mats I had in the Calais V and have my current SS have the metal Holden logo.

View attachment 237822
I've got a set of carpet mats somewhere in the garage, which I bought in 2015, and I'm about 95% sure they don't have that metal logo. The logo looks very limited-edition specific, it wouldn't be relevant to an Evoke.

If those are the mats you got when you bought carpet mats in late 2017, Holden probably did something like switching ALL carpet mat production across to those in order to get some economies-of-scale, and then once the batch were installed in limited editions & the remainder sent to dealers (or sold) they switched back.