Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
My VF has factory mats from when the original owner bought the car and the lion is plastic/rubber. When were they metal?

I love the chrome on my SSVR, however - the fact that some chrome surrounds on VF's is known to peel (my passengers vent needed to be replaced due to this) has me concerned for longevity of the chrome.
Yeah plastic chrome, never that great.

PRNDL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 and VH Vacationer 253
I guess this is a random question. I have some NSW Bicentennial number plates (1788-1988) in storage. I am considering putting them on my VFII SV6 Sportswagon when (if) I buy the car after the lease finishes (May23).

Has anyone seen or have a photo of these squarish plates on a Sportswagon? I have kept an eye out for months now and not spotted a single example.

The question will come down to keep the plates in current form or remake them to a different style?

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Can't help ya sorry, I only have a photo of the one on my old coon (XC hardtop).

XC_Hardtop-1080.jpg

*Edit* @PRNDL Pretty sure I still have the plates somewhere, I could do A4 scan and mail so you can blu-tac paper copy on to see what they look like?

Last edited:

PRNDL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can't help ya sorry, I only have a photo of the one on my old coon (XC hardtop).

View attachment 238421

*Edit* @PRNDL Pretty sure I still have the plates somewhere, I could do A4 scan and mail so you can blu-tac paper copy on to see what they look like?
Thanks. I assumed the same measurements as the current international plates and guessed they’ll be ok. Good idea to cut paper to that size though, I’ll try that.

edit: actually if you could give me the actual dimensions that’d help

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Thanks. I assumed the same measurements as the current international plates and guessed they’ll be ok. Good idea to cut paper to that size though, I’ll try that.

edit: actually if you could give me the actual dimensions that’d help
Width 300 mm x Height 150 mm
4 holes top (1 pair at 210 mm centres, 1 pair at 165 centres)
2 holes bottom @ 170 mm centres

PRNDL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also, these are the floor mats the dealer put in my SV6
Width 300 mm x Height 150 mm
4 holes top (1 pair at 210 mm centres, 1 pair at 165 centres)
2 holes bottom @ 170 mm centres
Ta. Closest of current plates are the US style at 305 x 155.
I’ll mock up the size and see how i like them.

PRNDL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, made up a template from cardboard (from inside a coke box ).

They look just about a perfect fit. Perfect on the back, only question mark is on the front as the Bicentennial is approx 18-20mm deeper than the current plates (old fashioned 5 digit black plates that I want back in the VH when I get it back in the road).

Just concerned that they are a fraction deep in front of the air intake bottom grille. But I really think they will be fine. Unless anyone has experience to the other.

Also, I did not understand the info about the hole placement.

PRNDL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now for the next random question. (This seems to be my default setting these days).

Anyone got a Sportswagon with all 4 slimline window windows deflectors on it? How does it look?
I’m think of getting them on but I think I’ve only seen one wagon with them and it went past too quickly to get a good look. By the time it had registered that they were there… the car was gone. :)