Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
And the collision warning shits me! How do you turn it off?

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
and how do you revert back to full auto mode again once you've had a bit of fun with the paddle shifters?

Plonker

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline Ute & 2016 SSV Redline Sedan
Turn it back to auto by holding either shift up on the stick or paddles. And the collision warning can be turned off by the button above the lane departure warning on the steering wheel, just keep pressing it until it says off on the HUD.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
So, Advanced Park Assist. Anyone tried it yet?

Yes, and it works surprisingly well provided the kerb line is not broken. The system bounces sonar waves off the kerb to judge distance, and if part of the kerb is missing or broken, it gets confused. I don't use it a lot but when I do need it, it's very handy.

And the collision warning shits me! How do you turn it off?

Keep pressing the Collision Alert button on the steering wheel (top left button on the left hand side) to cycle through far, medium, near and OFF.

and how do you revert back to full auto mode again once you've had a bit of fun with the paddle shifters?

I don't have paddle shifters but I can change gears manually by pushing the gear shift to the left which puts the car into Sports mode. I can then nudge it forwards to change down and backwards to change up. To exit manual mode and get back into full auto, I have to move the gear shift to the right again. I suspect you'd have to do the same.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Turn it back to auto by holding either shift up on the stick or paddles.

Thanks! I didn't know this (but on re-reading the instruction manual, it IS there).

308hjute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
OK, I haven't been game to try the advanced park assist.

How about launch control. Anyone tried that yet?

DukeBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG G6E Turbo
I'm in the market for an VF 2 SSV Redline sedan. Does anyone have any thoughts/experience on the ride quality and tyre noise of the 19" wheels vs the 20" wheels?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
1VF.2NV
A member on here?

He was on Eastlink in Melb this afternoon.

57AJW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Shopping for a VFII Redline after previously owning a VYII SS and VE SS, both in Red Hot. Was going to take the easy option and get the VFII in Red Hot as well, until I saw a demo in Jungle Green with the black roof. I love it, and I am sorely tempted, but this is a car I intend to keep forever and I'm wondering if I will regret the colour choice in 5-10 years time. Thoughts?