Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by RoganJosh, Aug 25, 2013.

1. AAAC

AAAC Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 Motorsport
    These are the pictures of my horn setup. Could do with a little tidying up when I find the time. The horns are stacked one below the other and the bottom horn is barely visible. I have used twin FISA horns. They have connectors for 12V+ and earth through their mounting bolt and brackets. I made the wire with the connectors for the 12V+, then threaded it through the fuse box before connecting on the 'add a fuse'. There are now two horns under the bonnet as well as the original factory horn under the front bumper. You can see the 'add a fuse' in the fuse box.

Attached Files:

lmoengnr and tml678 like this.
  2. tml678

tml678 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV30 Senator (w/end), '00 Magna, '17 Carnival
    Fantastic, thanks mate :)

AAAC likes this.
  3. Anthony121

Anthony121 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
    What triggers the horn when the horn button is pressed?

4. AAAC

AAAC Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 Motorsport
    The horn fuse is only powered when the button is pressed.

5. lmoengnr

lmoengnr Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
    What is the current draw on the twin FISA horns?

6. AAAC

AAAC Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 Motorsport
    From memory about 8 amps.

lmoengnr likes this.
  7. Anthony121

Members Ride:
    There used to be a relay on the series one which is no longer in the fuse area of the series 2.

8. Holden17

Holden17 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
    Hey Supercars fans....anyone come across kayosports.com.au ?? - just received a link from Cricket Australia in my email tonight - covers 50sports for $25/month.
    Still a beta version but there is a 14 day free trial & they say final version is due out this year.

VF Redline likes this.
  9. Mayuri Krab

Mayuri Krab New Member

Members Ride:
    VF series 2 SSV Redline, R33 Skyline GTS-T
    Anyone else find the interior light sensor (dome thing on the dash above the center speaker) kinda crap?

I find that it needs like direct sun light from overhead to register as day, otherwise it thinks I'm driving in the middle of the night with the mylink screen dimmed where I can't see jack **** on it.

Happens everytime when I'm on "lunch" break and leave work around 6 to 7pm to get food (I work afternoon to night shifts), still bright outside but sun has settled from above and the car will dim everything.

10. Sir Les

Sir Les Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Calais V V6 MY14
    Nope, can't say I have that problem. The sensor can be a bit touchy at times and over-quick to react, such as when travelling in and out of shadows along a tree-lined road, but other than that it's fine.

11. 3rspecB

3rspecB Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
    Yes, I have noticed this on my car. Will bring it up at my next dealer service.

12. chrisp

chrisp Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
    I have a vague recollection that someone posted something on the actual sensor dropping down inside the little dome. I recall that the fix was pretty easy - pop the dome out and click the sensor back in.

13. Bob Fitzsimmons

Bob Fitzsimmons New Member

Members Ride:
    Gm
    Hello all my first post here
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Can anyone tell me what this weigh actually does .
    Bfit 8B351685-B578-4B4F-9969-BA260A5A1D8B.jpeg 620DC5E3-2021-4355-AD19-B238E705511F.jpeg

14. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    I'm going to answer with a hefty "I have no idea", but can you clarify where it is & what it's attached to? Looks sort-of like a strut-top? Because if so, I'm going to guess it's related to NVH.

And I mostly came here to rant because in the effort to not get too much rain inside the car while opening the underground work carpark door with a swipe-card, I've managed to get the PERFECT angle with the PERFECT spacing to ensure that the wedge of steel at the bottom of the swipe-sensor pole has gouged a huge chunk outta the driver's front wheel. Or at least the paint. :( 1mm further away it wouldn't have touched, 2mm closer the tyre would've stopped the damage (was only inching forward so no tyre damage would've occurred), and any significant variation in steering angle would've also avoided it from happening.
    At least it's the front, in case I need to send it away for repair (ie. same as the spare). It looks fairly deep (was too grumpy to look properly - may not be THAT bad but dunno), might not be repairable by a mobile guy (plus I've had two mobile repairs now & wasn't super happy with the result either time).

PS. There's a blue manual F-Series Tourer (and with the 340kW engine - must be one of the last Tourers in manual they made) on CarSales at the moment … so many wants! But so many $$$, yeah I know it's rare but ~$70k is a bit over the top ...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  15. Sir Les

Sir Les Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Calais V V6 MY14
    I don't know the answer to Bob's question either, but Forg, I so do feel your pain. No doubt nearly all of us with low-profile tyres have managed to leave some traces of our indiscretions on the rims at some time or another. We hadn't had our brand new Calais V more than a month when my wife managed to sideswipe a roadside gutter drain inlet (don't ask me how), completely destroying the (very expensive) tyre and severely damaging the rim. And recently, after successfully negotiating the turn-in to my golf club's entrance for over 40 years without incident, I managed to catch the rear passenger wheel on the curved low stone wall leading to the front gate, putting a 'smile' on one of the 'spokes'. So annoying!!

You say you weren't super happy with the mobile repairs. Any before and after photos, and if I may ask, how much did they cost?

16. Anthony121

Members Ride:
    Do you have a HSV Vehicle?

It is a called - Clamp, drive line vibration dampener

lmoengnr likes this.
  17. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    I'll attach the photo I took pre repair, to send to the fixey-person; as you can see it wasn't major damage (nowhere near the depth of gouge I've caused this morning).
    resized_wheel_ouch.jpg

Immediately after the fixes they looked close enough to new that a 'phone camera wouldn't show that they weren't new.
    But by the time some dufus in a Foulcan decided that the person turning right in front of him wasn't doing it fast enough & decided to turn right from the straight-ahead lane which I was occupying at the time, which was maybe a year after the repairs, the gloss black had started to fade badly.
    I think it was around $160 a wheel … had them done properly by the panel-beater when repairing the damage from Foulcan Dufus, and the paint-finish is still like new, but that was ~$220ea (and at-cost for the panel beater).

18. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    Forg, talk to your building manager and get them to fix the post so it doesnt happen again... put it to them that while their at it to fix your rim as well ;)

Maybe the following will chear you up or not :p

Was reading a mag on the web which shows an AMG GLC 63 doing a Nurburgring run in 7:49 ... in an SUV ...

To put that time in perspective, our Holden Ute did it in 8:19 while a 2017 camaro LZ1 did it in 7:29 and the 2018 camaro LZ1 1LE did it in 7:16.

The guys doing these runs are just crazy :cool:

[edited to add]
    The Nio EP9 supercar (Electric vehicle) does it in 6:46 :eek: while Tesla X is near silent but not sure what their fastest time is. With the Tesla silence, it seems to have lost someting in much the same way as the quiet F1's of a year or two ago lost something...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  19. Bob Fitzsimmons

Bob Fitzsimmons New Member

Members Ride:
    Gm
    Thanks Antony
    I’ll research that
    No I do not have a HSV I’m fitting the complete rear suspension out of 2017 gts into a C3 corvette
    I can see that bolting the weights to the sub frame would change the frequency that the suspension vibrates at. I’ll post any info I find.
    Thank you again.
    Bob

20. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    That won't cheer him up.....coz gerlytrux.

426Cuda likes this.