Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Does anybody know if Holden have fixed the V6 timing chain issue with the release of the VF? There would be very few VF's with over 100,000 Kms to know if there is still an issue.

Pretty sure revisions were made in VE at some stage. That being said, if you're religious with your oil changes and use quality oils, 7500kms max, you shouldn't have anything to fear.

jas555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore 1991
Hi I'm going in to Holden in a few days to buy a new VF i built the car on the Holden web site and i added all the options that i wanted. I'm thinking of adding the Insect Screens option. but i don't know if the Insect Screens will restrict air flow to the engine? and are they easy to remove and clean?
appreciate any help thanks.

Edit it says in the Accessories Installation Manual

Caution: Fitting insect screens in front of upper and lower air intakes at the front of the vehicle may affect engine cooling and air-conditioning performance. In high load and/or ambient temperature conditions (eg. towing) no objects should be fitted over or in front of the upper and lower air intakes.
Important

Last edited:

mrd0683

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Ute (Black edition)
Hi does anybody know want date the VF black edition comes out? I read it was going to get released in April Looking to picking one up. went to a couple of dealers but they don’t know when they are getting them in.Holden’s got a special on with the free automatic transmission so I want to get one before the deal is over. And there are no details on the Holden website about the black edition.
Thanks

New member here, I've ordered a Phantom black VFII SV6 black ute with the HSVi 20" Baretta wheel option.

Order placed 28/04, car is due into the dealership about 07/05 but there is a delay for the wheels until 23/05, expect pickup about 25/05.

Will post pics on pickup !

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
While at a party on Saturday night, my girl and I were having a bit of a cuddle in the kitchen holding each other and just after that I went for a look for the children in the lounge and noticed my park lamps on my Calais V parked outside. I walked up to the car and then noticed it was actually running. The bloody remote start activated because my GF and I was holding each other close in the kitchen!! I have had the boot open twice before the update was done for the 3 second delay but never had the car auto start before. I switched the car off and then hid my keys away from my pocket. What are the chances of being able to use the lock button and then the start button after each other....

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
While at a party on Saturday night, my girl and I were having a bit of a cuddle in the kitchen holding each other and just after that I went for a look for the children in the lounge and noticed my park lamps on my Calais V parked outside. I walked up to the car and then noticed it was actually running. The bloody remote start activated because my GF and I was holding each other close in the kitchen!! I have had the boot open twice before the update was done for the 3 second delay but never had the car auto start before. I switched the car off and then hid my keys away from my pocket. What are the chances of being able to use the lock button and then the start button after each other....

That's what you call getting turned on.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43

Is that a key fob in your pocket or are you just happy :hiding: to see me:rofl2:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Cuddling 101....remove pants first.

DJBATH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Hi All, Signed up just to ask:
Planning on purchasing a 2016 VFII SS, but unsure about the waiting times to get into one of these. I have got the impression there is a healthy amount of stock hanging around the lot, and also that there is minimum 12 week waiting period. Would be really helpful to know so i can better plan a change over (selling privately).

Also planning to buy very end of June (if possible) or early July, will the black edition still be in stock?
Located in Sydney Metro area cheers!

JAK71

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDLINE
Hi,

forgot to ask my dealer if the VF's in particular the redline series 2 if they come with the auto dimming rear view mirror as there is no mention of it in the brouchers or the website - anyone answer this one?... it's no deal breaker but it does come in handy.

JAK.