Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I keep reading that HSV measure their kws differently to Holden. How does that work and is 340 actually 340 or is it something else?

Or is this just somebody taking the piss?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It's HSV taking the piss.

There are different ways of measuring, HSV use the one which gives them bigger numbers.

Brock sort-of used to do something similar, except instead of measuring by different criteria he used to just make it up. :)

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
It's HSV taking the piss.

There are different ways of measuring, HSV use the one which gives them bigger numbers.

Brock sort-of used to do something similar, except instead of measuring by different criteria he used to just make it up. :)

Polariser is +50 horsepower right?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So using the Holden scale of kW measurement, how many kws is really in a 340kw HSV?
320?
310?
??

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The timing chain issue related only to the 3.0 litre engine

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Interesting the yard at holdens is full, lots of stock atm. Seems lots of redlines SSV etc and black editions

JAK71

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDLINE
Interesting the yard at holdens is full, lots of stock atm. Seems lots of redlines SSV etc and black editions

Yeah I drove past a dealership in the North of Canberra and seen about 6 in the yard, a mixture of sedans, wagons and utes...

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi guys - Im looking at purchasing a series 1 VF Calais V - is there anything I should be aware of when considering 2013 v 2014 models? Any known issues applicable to one model but not the other? Any major differences in features? Cheers in advance for any help!

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
My advice would be to go for a 2014 model. The 2013's had a lot of 'teething' issues with panel fit, buggy software, heating and cooling, etc. The later models are much better in this regard. I don't think there's any difference in features between the two.
I have a June 2014 V6 Calais V and have been very happy with it. Apart from regular servicing and updating the MyLink software, it hasn't needed a thing doing to it. And I get 6.8 litres/100km at 100-110 km/h on interstate trips using 95 octane fuel!