Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by RoganJosh, Aug 25, 2013.

1. SSteve

SSteve Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
    Yea, I have said that about many cars, my current VFII Redline included. Sadly, family **** gets in the way and my Redline will be on the market in a few months time.[/QUOTE]
    What?? Oh no! Don’t do it!

2. dgp

dgp Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SSV Redline
    What?? Oh no! Don’t do it![/QUOTE]

Hi Steve,
    Unfortunately it’s true (he says crying)

3. Suami

Suami New Member

Members Ride:
    2017 SSV Redline
    Yea, I have said that about many cars, my current VFII Redline included. Sadly, family **** gets in the way and my Redline will be on the market in a few months time.[/QUOTE]
    I know right; never say never.....but this is the main family car now and I have decided we will just have to sacrifice...

4. RED LION

RED LION Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Redline
    I’ll be going from a 16 Calais V LS3 to a 17 Redline this week. You listing those little luxuries makes me miss my Calais :)

5. Suami

Suami New Member

Members Ride:
    2017 SSV Redline
    You’ll be ok; especially considering the Redline is a much better looking car..

6. RED LION

RED LION Active Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Redline
    No doubt. Pretty excited.

7. TSMAX

TSMAX Member

Members Ride:
    HSV CLUBSPORT R8
    Quick question, I am looking at getting at least an OTR and tune now that my Clubby is out of warranty (pretty happy with the noise with the relay unplugged, so might do the exhaust a bit later on). Basically I am looking for a bit more poke at the lower end, would OTR and tune help with that?
    Secondly, how does that affect my insurance? Do I need to notify the insurance company of the mods?

8. Suami

Suami New Member

Members Ride:
    2017 SSV Redline

Damn that’s a shame.....family have to ride in the SSV as I said....never getting rid of her

9. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    To be totally & completely compliant with all their expectations; yes.
    A helluva lot of people play the "but how would they ever know?" card, and IMHO it's a valid card to play.

10. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Until it comes time to make a claim and nek minut.....Gotcha!!! Over zealous assessor denies cover.

Skylarking likes this.
  11. Suami

Suami New Member

Members Ride:
    2017 SSV Redline
    Dude I know in melb had one of those CX8 wagon numbers but somehow; (not exactly sure on the fine detail) it was insured as 6 cylinder.....sure enough family ran a red and wrote his car off; he got paid. May not have had one of those over zealous *******

12. Mayuri Krab

Mayuri Krab Member

Members Ride:
    VF series 2 SSV Redline, R33 Skyline GTS-T
    I made a claim on my old BMW 335i that was modified with basic bolt ons (intake pods, metal charge pipe with metal divertor valves, catless downpipes and JB4 piggy-back ecu) with RAC when I hit a Kangaroo and the insurance mob didn't really pay much attention to the mods and just went ahead with the claim with minimal time delay (towed to them in the morning and got a call afternoon that they are going ahead with the repairs at xyz place).

Although not sure if I'll test my luck again if I mod this car...

13. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    Insurance companies generally have many clauses within their policies, where they can get away with not paying a lot of claims. But if they strictly followed their policies and used every available clause to deny every claim, their reputation within the market wont be shot. Such an insurance company would sell less policies as a result. So these insurance companies keep their clauses in hand, waiting and assessing when to use them to their fullest.

As such, i'd suggest being at fault and hitting one of our national emblems would garner a different policy analysis as compared to hitting a newly imported $750,000 left hand drive supercar (that out government now allows to import and drive on our roads). I'd think the later case would lead to much more analysis over one's vehicle condition/mods and less change of the assessor turning a blind eye as compared to the former.

So you gotta ask yourself

14. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Yeah I know, and my arse is usually covered to at least some level of certainty.

But it's a little like getting a modified car engineer-certified. Every engineer has different opinions on what is & isn't legal, which means every EPA &/or vehicle-registration-authority has similar differences of opinion, and if someone really takes a liking to your mods you can very much be scrood. So you have to consider what the risk is, and whether you're willing to take it.

I can't even remember all the non-standard stuff done to my Volvo. Compared to being turbocharged & run by a MoTeC M84, having 17" Simmons, having a Supra 5spd, having Billies & springs & sways & being lowered, having the newer-model front-clip & bumpers & dash, being painted a colour (OEM they were all silver) … having 2mm oversized valves & a cam imported from Sweden seem somewhat irrelevant. Yet I'm sure Shannons could object if they really wanted & I made a claim … even though if I tried to have that added to the list of mods the person typing in my list would possibly say "yeah nah that's maybe not worth putting in" :).

What's the real chance of an assessor opening up your engine to measure things &/or using an ECU program reading device to see if everything's standard?

15. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    What exactly is it that attracts dealer employees' filthy fingers to titanium Alcantara when so many other mechanics & suppliers can manage to not put grease all over it?! :(