Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I have a November built CalaisV and apart from the usual updates, including reverse lines for the camera, it has been flawless. Very happy with it.

image_zpstvisieev.jpeg

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
My advice would be to go for a 2014 model. The 2013's had a lot of 'teething' issues with panel fit, buggy software, heating and cooling, etc. The later models are much better in this regard. I don't think there's any difference in features between the two.
I have a June 2014 V6 Calais V and have been very happy with it. Apart from regular servicing and updating the MyLink software, it hasn't needed a thing doing to it. And I get 6.8 litres/100km at 100-110 km/h on interstate trips using 95 octane fuel!

Maybe its luck of the draw. I have a very early build VF Redline and its been a great car. It had an armful of recalls done on it by Holden, which in the end were basically inspections on my car as it was fine. The only faults have been a drivers seat that moved under cornering loads (fixed first service) and the usual quirks with air con and software that still bugs the latest Commodores going down the line. Maybe being an early car it got a bit more love on the line, but honestly; its been one of the better cars I've owned.

I read about more issues with newer builds - especially VF2 then I have experienced with my car.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
My advice would be to go for a 2014 model. The 2013's had a lot of 'teething' issues with panel fit, buggy software, heating and cooling, etc. The later models are much better in this regard. I don't think there's any difference in features between the two.
I have a June 2014 V6 Calais V and have been very happy with it. Apart from regular servicing and updating the MyLink software, it hasn't needed a thing doing to it. And I get 6.8 litres/100km at 100-110 km/h on interstate trips using 95 octane fuel!

Nothing wrong with the 2013 models. I have September 2013 Calais V and it is fine. panel fit is fantastic.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I have one of the first 2013 SSVR in Phantom Black and love it. No issues, drives like a dream. Only thing I can pick is a factory paint blemish on the left rear passenger door thats it.

Bookie

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

1st post on the forum so treat me gently, I'm just a virgin.

I am really interested in the Director I read about last month or so.

has anyone heard any updates on build times, price or componentry that has been written about?

regards

Bookie

Bloody hell its cold here in Melbourne right now.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Thanks guys - I'd prefer a 2014 model but its good to hear theres no major known issues with 2013.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I have a November built CalaisV and apart from the usual updates, including reverse lines for the camera, it has been flawless. Very happy with it.

That looks great. Im normally a black person but that silver looks really good.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hi everyone.

1st post on the forum so treat me gently, I'm just a virgin.

I am really interested in the Director I read about last month or so.

has anyone heard any updates on build times, price or componentry that has been written about?

regards

Bookie

Bloody hell its cold here in Melbourne right now.

No more info at this stage

That looks great. Im normally a black person but that silver looks really good.

Thanks uz3r, I do spend a fair bit of time looking after my cars though.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
SV6 Manual (all variants) to be discontinued for MY17.

This is the last month dealers are able to order Manuals!

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Anyone know when holdens is closing????

Ford gave 12months notice

The yard at holdens is pretty full atm so sales might be slowing already, even plenty on redlines in yard