Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It's late next year; there will still be a 2017 model-year Commodore with minor upgrades, so enthusiasts will be tempted to wait the 3-odd months, which could be slowing current sales.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
It's late next year; there will still be a 2017 model-year Commodore with minor upgrades, so enthusiasts will be tempted to wait the 3-odd months, which could be slowing current sales.

I agree. If you were after a new VF I defiantly would wait until next year to see what Holden has to offer.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not even next year; it'll be around September, everyone plays American games (where next year's model appears halfway through this year) these days.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
everyone plays American games (where next year's model appears halfway through this year) these days.
With production being pushed out to the global scale rather than in individual markets that's kind of unavoidable.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yup; and it was happening for decades anyway, back when there was a Sydney Motor Show in October, manufacturers would officially release next-year''s model to the Australian market there. Of course this was 80's & 90's, before the cost vs value equation became not-worth-bothering.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
just got back from my tour of HVO at Elizabeth, such a cool place. Its such a shame they are closing it, a bloody good product that can be a global winning car.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
just got back from my tour of HVO at Elizabeth, such a cool place. Its such a shame they are closing it, a bloody good product that can be a global winning car.

So what else did you learn?
Blown Redline?
Rumours?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
So what else did you learn?
Blown Redline?
Rumours?

yea there aint no supercharged V8 for Redline, someone started that as a rumor. Did see a MY17 Redline in new "Son of a Gun Grey" colour. If you want last of the last, your order has to be in not later than May 2017.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Can't find it now but one Adelaide dealer is offering free exhaust upgrades on all 6L Vf used stock, probably hard to move now with VFII

gfl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Tourer
Enough (for now)

Think I will give the R8 (the one I bought so I wouldn't have to mod the SSV-R I ordered) a rest from mods for now. Have added VCM OTR CAI, Genie Tri-Ys, Metal Cats, LS9 cam, Crane 1.8 roller rockers, PAC valve springs, tool steel retainers and chrome moly locks. After a tune the end result is an extra 70kW at the wheels with a near stock idle (242rwkW to 312rwkW).

People who need mentioning are Brad from Genie in Narangba, awesome service and nice bloke to boot. Power Torque Engines in Brendale, a great job in making the best of the mods.