Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Do you think it is worth it to upgrade from an 09 omega to a 2017 sv6? Is it much faster? Or if my 09 omega drives fine now would it be a pointless upgrade?

60nm more torque ~20% 290-350, makes a considerable difference., I would just go for a test drive, and see for yourself..

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
So today I was told that "my mate just picked up a VF2 sportwagon with a SUNROOF.....I thought this was impossible, The price of $52K also sounds impossible...

Ignoring the price thingy, has anyone seen a wagon with a sunroof?

One dealer told me that they can be fitted 'after market' but not by Holden.

Another dealer mentioned that the structural integrity was the reason that Holden doesn't, and doesn't recommend, fitting a sunroof to the wagon.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
So today I was told that "my mate just picked up a VF2 sportwagon with a SUNROOF.....I thought this was impossible, The price of $52K also sounds impossible...

There is one round the corner from me with a sunroof, I have been considering getting one myself. Also I paid $41K for my S2 SSV wagon :yeah:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
We intend on keeping our wagon longer than the factory warranty ... so a busted-arse leaky aftermarket sunroof wasn't something we wanted. :)

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
Behold! The S2 MyLink in all its glory!

(recorded this to show at my next service)

Last edited by a moderator:

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

my next door neighbour has a VE S1 SSV sportwagon with a factory sunroof (he bought/ordered it new like that)
but
since VE SII you cannot get Holden to build a sportwagon with a sunroof. Why? no idea as they do sunroofs in sedans

so anyone after that with a VF Sportwagon that has a sunroof... has to be dealer or aftermarket

the6200

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
I wanted to get a wagon initially but settled on the sedan as I also wanted it in a manual and with a sunroof but couldn't option either in the wagon.. tisk tisk Holden. Yeah in a way I am kinda hampered by the lesser degree of practicality but the sedan definitely looks a lot tougher! so im happy!

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Mylink and the head unit is just a computer. I bet your phone and home computer freeze from time to time. Unless it does it all the time just reboot it.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
There is one round the corner from me with a sunroof, I have been considering getting one myself. Also I paid $41K for my S2 SSV wagon :yeah:

$41k sweet damn, employee pricing?.....my local just keeps repeating 63k at me..