Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Behold! The S2 MyLink in all its glory!

(recorded this to show at my next service)

That is definitely an upgrade over my series 1 as it only ignores some things when it wants to. I don't have a feature to ignore everything like yours does. :hmmm:

Hope you get it fixed back to the more regular unreliable MyLinq we all know and love.

Last edited by a moderator:

happy03

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Holden SSV Redline Wagon
Gday guys, sorry but im a newbie here and just after a little info if someone cold help me.
Looking to lower a VF SSV redline wagon, I had a VR Senator with SSL all round looked and rode great.
Looking to keep standard shocks for now.
Does anyone have any pics of their rides or info that could help me.
Cheers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
As testament to how over-quiet a V8 S1's exhaust is ... after driving our car for nearly 18 months now, I have only now noticed that the auto blips the throttle on downshift! Just happened to be braking late at night (no other traffic noise) with the window open & a concrete wall pretty close to the road ... never heard it before.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Just an observation -- the VF is the worst car I've ever owned for trying to recover items dropped between the front seats and the centre console: there's very little wriggle room. And it's almost impossible to clean down there as well. Apart from that and the blood pressure raising so-called voice 'recognition' system, it's the best car I've ever owned! :)

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Just an observation -- the VF is the worst car I've ever owned for trying to recover items dropped between the front seats and the centre console: there's very little wriggle room. And it's almost impossible to clean down there as well. Apart from that and the blood pressure raising so-called voice 'recognition' system, it's the best car I've ever owned! :)
Don't drop anything between your seats!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Just an observation -- the VF is the worst car I've ever owned for trying to recover items dropped between the front seats and the centre console: there's very little wriggle room. And it's almost impossible to clean down there as well. :)

I’ve seen far worse than the VF, my AMG with big seat bolsters makes it almost impossible to retrieve anything but there are solutions at hand – purchase a car seat catch caddy.

drop-stop-car-seat-gap-filler-6.jpg

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...&ved=0ahUKEwjM0POJpb7QAhVIw7wKHUsFBwQQsAQIkgE

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=car+seat+catchers&_fromfsb=0&_trksid=m270.l1313&ul_noapp=true

https://www.google.com.au/#q=car+seat+catchers&tbm=shop

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Thanks for all the info, panhead. I had no idea such things existed!

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon

Move the seat all the way forward, you will then have reasonable access through the back door.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Yeah, I tried that but still found it awkward -- maybe the electric seats on the Calais V don't provide as much fore-and-aft adjustment as some other seats. Also, there's two very thick cables (one each side of the centre console) which further complicate matters.