Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
hey guys, can someone tell me how to do a hill start in the VF11 please? I can't quite work it out.

The park brake can also be released by pushing the accelerator.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
hey guys, can someone tell me how to do a hill start in the VF11 please? I can't quite work it out.

Two ways: first way is to use the handbrake. Put the handbrake on and the car will automatically release the handbrake when you push on the accelerator.

The other way is that the car automatically uses the ABS to hold the car from rolling back for a half a second or so after you take your foot off the brake. I've only experienced this once on a steep driveway but it was noticeable.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14

As I understand it, when you're stopped on an upslope, the hill start assist function will automatically hold the car stationary for a few seconds when you release the handbrake or footbrake, making sure you don't roll backwards whilst you transfer your foot to the accelerator. As my driveway is on a gradient I find this feature quite handy.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I'm guessing you have a manual and wondering what the story is without a conventional hand brake lever to hold the car?

If so, the electronic park brake has a feature for hill starts. When stopped on the hill for example for an extended time you engage the electronic park brake by flipping the switch on the center console. When you are ready to go, just let out the clutch and the park brake will automatically disengage. You don't have to initiate it yourself, like you would with a conventional hand brake. If you stop for a short time on a hill and are holding the car with the foot brake, there is also a feature for this scenario, where without any intervention on your part, the car will sense its on a hill and hold the car for a couple of seconds after you release the foot brake. Long enough for you to engage the clutch and drive away smoothly without rolling backwards. Again you don't have to disengage the park brake yourself. Once you get going, the car does it for you.

Look up Hill Start in your owners manual for more info. I would recommend you try both approaches I described on a quiet back street, to get a feel for how the system works as it is a very different to a conventional hand brake.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Hello all.
Just recently I picked up a 2013 Caprice V (MY14) and have been slowly learning how to operate all the electronics/features that the VF's/WN's have to offer :)

So far this awesome forum has helped me with a few things I was stumped with originally so many thanks to everyone for that but the one thing I still haven't been able to work out is the Boot/Trunk release button on the drivers door.
I've tried pressing it and it won't release the boot. Have tried holding the button down, pressing it quickly, drivers door open/closed but it just won't seem to work for me :(
Using the remote key works fine though.

Is there anything specifically I have to do to make the button work or is there a possibility the button on the door it self is buggered?

Thanks in advance.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hello all.
Just recently I picked up a 2013 Caprice V (MY14) and have been slowly learning how to operate all the electronics/features that the VF's/WN's have to offer :)

So far this awesome forum has helped me with a few things I was stumped with originally so many thanks to everyone for that but the one thing I still haven't been able to work out is the Boot/Trunk release button on the drivers door.
I've tried pressing it and it won't release the boot. Have tried holding the button down, pressing it quickly, drivers door open/closed but it just won't seem to work for me :(
Using the remote key works fine though.

Is there anything specifically I have to do to make the button work or is there a possibility the button on the door it self is buggered?

Thanks in advance.

I would guess that the cables have come adrift from the switch inside the door.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ohh geez was worried it might be something like that....

Has anyone attempted yet to remove the VF's door trims? Would it be something straight forward to attempt on your own or is it a vastly complicated procedure?

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Ohh geez was worried it might be something like that....

Has anyone attempted yet to remove the VF's door trims? Would it be something straight forward to attempt on your own or is it a vastly complicated procedure?

This might help

IMG_0674.PNG

IMG_0675.PNG

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers thanks heaps for those pic/guides dgp. Very much appreciated:)

Will definitely help if I attempt to pull the door trim off my self.