Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Quick question, is the heads up display adjustable or it is where it is? took a vf for a spin, and unless you are sitting very low, you can not see it.
There's a little up-down lever on the right hand side of the dash to adjust the vertical position of the HUD. There is also a brightness control and a menu select button within the brightness control knob.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Im thinking now there is another button perhaps not working on the drivers door (along with the boot button)??

Ive been trying to program my seat position to position 1 but every time i try the seat begins to move.
Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but I'm pressing the SET button and then holding down the 1 button for a few seconds but it won't memorise my position and just begins to move the seat.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Try pressing SET and 1 simultaneously and holding them down until you hear a beep.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Try pressing SET and 1 simultaneously and holding them down until you hear a beep.
I have not tried this way thanks for the suggestion. I will give it ago next time i jump in the car. Thanks again.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Hello all.

I've tried pressing it and it won't release the boot. Have tried holding the button down, pressing it quickly, drivers door open/closed but it just won't seem to work for me :(
Using the remote key works fine though.

Is there anything specifically I have to do to make the button work or is there a possibility the button on the door it self is buggered?

Thanks in advance.

It could be a failed boot lock actuator.

s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-...ce-/151841900675?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Disclaimer: This may not necessarily be the correct part for your vehicle.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
It could be a failed boot lock actuator.
If the actuator has failed though would that mean the boot would never release from any method? Or can it be selective to what works or doesn't work?
Ive tested it with the remote and it always unlocks the boot and also the emergency release between the rear seats handle. It just the button on the drivers door that is not working to release the trunk.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
If the actuator has failed though would that mean the boot would never release from any method? Or can it be selective to what works or doesn't work?
Ive tested it with the remote and it always unlocks the boot and also the emergency release between the rear seats handle. It just the button on the drivers door that is not working to release the trunk.

You are most likely right.

I’m just putting it out there as something to look at and wriggle around.

On my E63 a few years ago the boot would open with the remote key but not the button inside the door and Mercedes replaced the actuator under warranty or at least that’s what they told me they replaced as it worked in two stages and it worked fine after that.

The Holden actuator may be a completely different design.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I saw this VF SS today that had a sticker on the dash saying the passenger airbag is disabled. Also had a sticker on the back window with some random letters and numbers. Anyone know what the story is here?

Attachments

• 20161226_211153.jpg
    20161226_211153.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 234
  • vfss1.jpg
    vfss1.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 260

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
It's likely an engineering development vehicle from GMH

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Can't make out the sticker on back window, but prob a MY17 mule, with whatever changes they have made beneath the skin.