Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Can't make out the sticker on back window, but prob a MY17 mule, with whatever changes they have made beneath the skin.

Doubt they'd be using a series 1 as an MY17 test mule? My guess is it's just a normal punters car awaiting airbag repair and the sticker is some sort of legal requirement to warn potential passengers that they are not protected by an airbag.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I also thought that development and engineering work on the vf was finalised a long time ago.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
I also thought that development and engineering work on the vf was finalised a long time ago.

Good point..it's just a sausage factory now until lights out.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Doubt they'd be using a series 1 as an MY17 test mule? My guess is it's just a normal punters car awaiting airbag repair and the sticker is some sort of legal requirement to warn potential passengers that they are not protected by an airbag.
They used a VX/VY as a test mule when doing VE drivetrain. But what would I know, I only worked at GMH launch centre.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
They used a VX/VY as a test mule when doing VE drivetrain. But what would I know, I only worked at GMH launch centre.

Well good for you, my crystal ball is obviously broken.

The point still remains that development/engineering of VF is finished, so it's unlikely this is a 'mule' of any sort. The point you raise relates to the development of an entirely new model, completely irrelevant in the current circumstance.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Been doing my basic general research on how to maintain your VF/WN etc and stumbled upon some various forums that mention when replacing the battery in the VF that it MUST be programmed as well.
Is there any truth to this or when the time comes can you simply take out and replace with a new battery and start it up? (the old fashioned way) :D

Liam85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF ssv ute manual
Hey guys I'm in a pickle. Do you know the offset of vf 19" ssv wheels? Trying to find it online but so many conflicting answers. Some some it's a +38 and only an 8" rim but I thought it was a 8.5" rim and a +48. Any help is greatly appreciated. And is it the same offset allround?

Last edited:

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I plugged my iPhone into the MyLink and a screen came up on the phone suggesting two apps: Stitcher Radio and Sygic GPS.
Why Sygic? Does mirror link even work?

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Tested and having Sygic open on the phone only confuses MyLink into trying to connect to Stitcher.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
They were the weird looking cars with a fatter rear wheel arch and plastic moulded doors and also very black tinted windows.