Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi mates - proud VF V6 Calais V owner and modification noob here. Im interested in doing minor tweaks to my car to squeeze out a little bit more power - can anyone suggest the best bang for buck mod(s) you can do to a V6 VF, how much more power you might expect and roughly what one might expect to pay a qualified mechanic to undertake the work?

Back in my teenage days you used to be able to put a chip in and maybe an exhaust to squeeze a few more Kw's out the engine - does this still apply to VF's? Whats the cost of this sort of work?

Sorry for the noob-ness, appreciate any help!

kaneotto1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
I just installed a Narva H7 12/24V LED conversion kit as well as the H7 Canbus module in my VF2 SV6. After about 30mins of driving at night a error code("check right/left dipped beam lamp” ) popped up on my dash twice then went away. Just wondering how I can stop/fix these error codes from happening again and what are the consequences of this code.
Cheers

Look44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore
Hi mates - proud VF V6 Calais V owner and modification noob here. Im interested in doing minor tweaks to my car to squeeze out a little bit more power - can anyone suggest the best bang for buck mod(s) you can do to a V6 VF, how much more power you might expect and roughly what one might expect to pay a qualified mechanic to undertake the work?

Back in my teenage days you used to be able to put a chip in and maybe an exhaust to squeeze a few more Kw's out the engine - does this still apply to VF's? Whats the cost of this sort of work?

Sorry for the noob-ness, appreciate any help!
The V6 in the VF responds well to a Tune, typically most people get a Tune + OTR cold air intake and exhaust.
With just a tune and the use of 98 octane i achieved an increased power output of over 270kw/450nm (Basically a series 1 V8), but not all engines will perform equally as well all things considered. For price, a tune is roughly 1k, with cold air intake and exhaust, between 1.5-3k.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
The V6 in the VF responds well to a Tune, typically most people get a Tune + OTR cold air intake and exhaust.
With just a tune and the use of 98 octane i achieved an increased power output of over 270kw/450nm (Basically a series 1 V8), but not all engines will perform equally as well all things considered. For price, a tune is roughly 1k, with cold air intake and exhaust, between 1.5-3k.

Thanks mate - appreciate the clear response!

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Holy crap that's a lot of torque.
And in a ute...almost uncontrollable.... I had a '98 XH2 XR6 with a side mount centrifugal supercharger, over 300rwkw and was nearly undriveable.

That ute with the turbo, would be even more crazy.

Last edited:

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
I think that torque figure of 2159.1 Nm is a bit fanciful, not to say unbelievable......... by way of comparison, the Bugatti Chiron with an 8-litre quad-turbocharged engine 'only' makes 1600 Nm, and the Chiron is no slouch (0-60 mph in 2.4 seconds).

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I think that torque figure of 2159.1 Nm is a bit fanciful, not to say unbelievable......... by way of comparison, the Bugatti Chiron with an 8-litre quad-turbocharged engine 'only' makes 1600 Nm, and the Chiron is no slouch (0-60 mph in 2.4 seconds).

Agreed, no way is that figure correct with the mods described