Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
That’s what I’m a little confused about, a ‘pressure check’ is just that, It involves nothing more than putting a gauge on the valve. How that equates to a 25+lb loss of PSI, without any foreign bodies causing damage, escapes me.

Not doubting what you are saying, but it’s odd to say the least.
Yep, doesn’t make sense how such can occur.

All I can think is the lead mechanic was out and the apprentices were instead joking about not paying any attention to their task at hand. Who knows, maybe those clowns put someone else’s wheels on my car... cause they did take them off to check the brakes... with lots of same model and year about...

But it highlights the silliness of what are probably rather lax processes that allow something to be ticked as done yet be so very wrong...

Another car and yet another dealer doing a scheduled service didn’t flush the coolant as required by the manufacturer. Their argument was it wasn’t required... my argument was that I payed for the book service and if they choose not to do it they can take full responsibility if there are any subsequent cooling issues. Rather unsurprisingly I had to wait while they drive the car back into the workshop and did their job...

It may be ok for us enthusiast as we can pull them up on such foibles but the average punter just doesn’t have a clue (which is why I hate blind box ticking processes)...

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Funny you mention a coolant change. I had mine done last service, logbook didn’t require it but I change every two years anyway..

I watched as they drained it, added the dex-cool concentrate, then went to fill it up with...tap water.

I pounced on the service bloke at the counter and made them stop while I walked to a nearby servo and bought distilled water...couldn’t believe it..

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Has anyone here tried fitting the MSE (Mechanical Sound Enhancer?) from the Vf2 V8 models into the SV6/ Calais V? Would it help enhance the sound in-cabin or is it not worth it?

I feel that the V6 is a bit too silent. I am on the look out for a quad exhaust end-can - but it seems to involve a bit of cutting & welding.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Has anyone here tried fitting the MSE (Mechanical Sound Enhancer?) from the Vf2 V8 models into the SV6/ Calais V? Would it help enhance the sound in-cabin or is it not worth it?

I feel that the V6 is a bit too silent. I am on the look out for a quad exhaust end-can - but it seems to involve a bit of cutting & welding.
Can't do it easily as the hole in the firewall isn't there for it

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Also not sure if you'd want the sound of that V6 in the cabin, they're not particularly melodic are they?

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
There are a some SWEET sounding V6's out there - Giulia Quadrifoglio, Ford GT, Lotus Evora, GT-R, Lancia Stratos to name a few.
I certainly don't think that the humble GMH V6 is going to get anywhere close to those cars - but no harm in exploring options eh?! ;)

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The ZB V6 sounds good :cool:

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
So I got myself a mace throttle controller based on a few comments in here. Went to plug it in and it didn't fit! Does anyone else's throttle plug look the same as mine with the recesses not aligned?
IMG_20200907_151354137.jpg
h2014 Calais v l77

Last edited: