Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vf rattle in the rear

Shem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline Sedan
Evening gents,

I have a vf2 ssv redline sedan 2016 with 70k on the clock.

As I drive especially over bumps in the road I get a metallic rattle in the back however as soon as press the brake peddle ever so slightly, it goes away!

The rattle is of a metallic sound and can be heard with the windows down when the back passes over bump/s.

I have factory brembo brake set up with performance rotors.

Pedders couldn’t find anything wrong with the brakes and want to open the rear drum and check the park brake shoes next …

Has anyone experienced this before and found a fix for this? New anti rattle clips? New brake pad pins?

It may not even be brake related - could be suspension related?

And before we say it’s the sway bar links - I’ve seen someone online here who had his changed and still had the rattle going on...

Thanks

Last edited:

Shem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline Sedan
Below is post from the Chevy SS group in the states. A member had the exact same issue and said he placed more tension on the pads by bending the clips.

Can anyone provide some advice?

1642651619265.png

Last edited:

Shem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline Sedan
Evening gents,

I have a vf2 ssv redline sedan 2016 with 70k on the clock.

As I drive especially over bumps in the road I get a metallic rattle in the back however as soon as press the brake peddle ever so slightly, it goes away!

The rattle is of a metallic sound and can be heard with the windows down when the back passes over bump/s.

I have factory brembo brake set up with performance rotors.

Pedders couldn’t find anything wrong with the brakes and want to open the rear drum and check the park brake shoes next …

Has anyone experienced this before and found a fix for this? New anti rattle clips? New brake pad pins?

Below is post from the Chevy SS group in the states. A member had the exact same issue and said he placed more tension on the pads by bending the clips.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

ADS 2015 SV6 Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 SV6 Spitswago
Sorry - I can't find how to delete the other one and read that an Admin has to do it?
Sorry - I can't find how to delete the other one and read that an Admin has to do it?
Quick question, do you have stock exhaust system on it?
I just rectified an annoying rattle coming from rear of my SSV Wagon. It was coming from left hanger of the XForce system. There are 2 stainless rods which go through the rubbers to allow movement, one of the rods were rubbing on the rear underneath panel and it was worse when it heated up.
Just putting it out there.
I’d been looking for this rattle for over 3 months.