Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Redline Brake Upgrade

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
I had a private day at mallala last week in my redline ute, never had an issue with fluid or pads, only did 2-3 hot laps at a time though. Wintons not as hard on brakes as mallala so doubt you'll have issues but if you've got decent fluid lying around it wouldn't hurt.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Great choice. Are those EBC's above or below Redstuff's in terms of their "performance level"?
Cheers

They are 'Red Stuff' pads, just new packaging.

DEW_1861 (Medium).JPG

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Bluesmobile

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Chevrolet SS
I'd love to hear your experience with the redstuff pads. I put on some EBC Bluestuff pads before a track weekend this summer, bedded them correctly, and they faded very quickly. Session after session they faded before 2 laps, so I had the sock pads (Ferodo HP1000) and put them back on, and braking improved significantly, I would go 10 laps until fade.
I'm in the states with a 2014 Chevy SS, 355mm Brembo's up front and the sliding caliper in the back.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hey Blue.
I don't track day my car. But, I never had any fade with their Redstuff pads either towing my 2t boat down a mountain or just spirited driving while not towing. Still, maybe you need EBC Orangestuff for track days? A rear upgrade to Brembos would help too

SuperHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Ute
I had a private day at mallala last week in my redline ute, never had an issue with fluid or pads, only did 2-3 hot laps at a time though. Wintons not as hard on brakes as mallala so doubt you'll have issues but if you've got decent fluid lying around it wouldn't hurt.

That's good to hear, how did the rest of the car handle it?

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
That's good to hear, how did the rest of the car handle it?

The ute went well. Had alot more grip in the rear than I was expecting which was a surprise. Whilst the stock suspension feels quite firm on the road it felt a bit boaty on the track when pushed. Could just be a characteristic of commodores, never tracked one before, only semi stripped and coiled subarus. Had some issues with the overflow leaking a bit when coming in after a few hot laps, overflow was fairly over full from new so figure it's just that. The competitive mode was good, the change in steering was a nice improvement.