Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Redline MY17 TPMS differences?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I think it’s ok as 244 kPa is about 35 psi. 236kPa is about 34psi. Psi is 1/7th of kPa.

I have to get used to kPa as I’ve always worked with psi!

I believe it can’t be changed to show psi since my car is metric, unless it’s for export cars that use imperial measurements.

I can live with that. It’s just so nice to now have a feature that should’ve been standard on Calais V.

It is weird, the TPMS in my E3 has the ability to change scales, but cant do it in the Magnum.

M

mwb235

It is weird, the TPMS in my E3 has the ability to change scales, but cant do it in the Magnum.

I could change it in my VE Calais V (which I re-programmed myself with Tech2 etc to add TPMS). Weird is right...

M

mwb235

btw I checked my WN Caprice V owners manual and there is no mention of pressure units in the TPMS section (well, not anywhere I can find at least).

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
VE you could change between units. But apparently its a legal thing (dont know details) where all gauges and measurements in a car must be metric or imperial and theres 2 types of imperial. Typical americans have their own measurenent.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I think it’s ok as 244 kPa is about 35 psi. 236kPa is about 34psi. Psi is 1/7th of kPa.

I have to get used to kPa as I’ve always worked with psi!

I believe it can’t be changed to show psi since my car is metric, unless it’s for export cars that use imperial measurements.

I can live with that. It’s just so nice to now have a feature that should’ve been standard on Calais V.

The MY17 Calais V had the TPMS fitted standard. :)

M

mwb235

What was the total cost, inluding the nipples?;)

$250 for the custom programming (JSB Performance in Pakenham VIC).

I bought the 4 sensors in March this year from an aussie ebay seller in Perth WA (auto_sensors) for $227 including postage. Just checked - he still has some listed but price is now $240 including postage.

Last cost was getting the sensors fitted to rims - this cost me $80 ($20 per wheel) at my local tyre shop.

Therefore for me the total cost was $557.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mwb235

Btw make sure the wheel sensors you buy are genuine and from a trustworthy source. They are supposedly “made in UK” but not all are equal, or some sellers are flogging old stock with flat batteries (supposed to last ten years but who knows). Also they must be 433MHz not 315MHz.

Jeremy from JSB Performance said he’s had a lot of trouble with sensors not working (i.e. not being able to be programmed to customer’s car).

Mine worked perfectly (yay for me!)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Not having seen the TPMS in the flesh, is it poosible to replace the battery in 10 years time or does Holden use Apple design methods on it hope for continued sales?