Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Redline MY17 TPMS differences?

M

mwb235

Does anyone know if JSB Performance in Officer VIC is still open? No response to phone calls, texts, or emails.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I didn’t know the MY16 Redline does not have TMPS included.

So if one updated their BMC to include TPMS and Paddles, does this mean if Holden service connect your car to their diag system to update vehicle software, they can wipe your added features?

Does anyone have an outline how the features are updated/added to BMC?

Guess it’s the same sort of issue with engine and trans tune s/w updates, can these also be wiped by service?

M

mwb235

(post deleted by mwb235)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mwb235

I take what I said back (how embarassment!). Got thru to Jeremy at JSB Performance (Officer VIC) today. Still does TPMS programming if you supply the sensors. I got car booked in next week yay!

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I take what I said back (how embarassment!). Got thru to Jeremy at JSB Performance (Officer VIC) today. Still does TPMS programming if you supply the sensors. I got car booked in next week yay!
He does an awesome job, very knowledgeable. Good to hear hes still around !

M

mwb235

For the benefit of anyone interested in getting TPMS fitted, below (in no particular order of preference) are the places that I’ve found who can/will do it. It involves specific custom programming of the BCM and dash cluster.

JSB Performance, Officer VIC:
As I said above, JSB will do it for $250 (sensors not supplied). I’m not sure if that includes fitting of sensors, but I assume not.

Ultimate Conversion Wiring, Wilberforce NSW (i.e. North Western Sydney):
I spoke with Justin today. He can also do it but he says it’s not his core business. He said he normally refers people to JSB Performance. I’m not sure on his prices.

Envious Customs, Perth WA:
I haven’t asked them for prices, but their website indicates $660 including sensors. BCM and dash cluster need to be mailed in (i.e. mail order service, no fitting of sensors).

Lsxtreme, Ballarat VIC:
I was recently quoted $450 (supply own sensors). I didn’t ask what fitting sensors cost (assuming they can do it).

JHP, Melbourne VIC:
I was recently quoted $480 (supply own sensors). Fitting sensors if required $80. If they supply sensors, their website indicates $650 plus fitting if required.

I’m not out to promote anyone’s business, just trying to help other forum members who want TPMS in their VF.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
For the benefit of anyone interested in getting TPMS fitted, below (in no particular order of preference) are the places that I’ve found who can/will do it. It involves specific custom programming of the BCM and dash cluster.

JSB Performance, Officer VIC:
As I said above, JSB will do it for $250 (sensors not supplied). I’m not sure if that includes fitting of sensors, but I assume not.

Thanks for all the good information.

Do you know which sensors are required? Are they the same as used in the MY17?

M

mwb235

Thanks for all the good information.

Do you know which sensors are required? Are they the same as used in the MY17?

AFAIK the VF series 2 sensors are different. I’m not sure in what way. Do a search for “VF TPMS” on ebay and you’ll see the different ones available. Looks like series 1 are blue whereas series 2 are black & different shape. Hopefully someone else on here can confirm...

M

mwb235

For my VF series 1 I’m using these genuine sensors:
7969AA8E-BFCB-4CAC-995C-C779C7D0B1B5.jpeg