Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Redline power upgrade

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Xenos is the people outdoors, not all are Asian silly! People too scared to move from their comfort zone, to interact and explore the wild. Belts and braces so their pants don't fall down, etc.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Lol, right you are.

Last edited:

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
Well I have made up my mind and the Walkinshaw W310 is the way I'll go purely because of the warranty for piece of mind. Hopefully Friday 11th April is the day it all gets done. Then maybe a supercharger later on if finances allow.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
If your heart is set on Walky upgrades because of the driveline warranty, go all the way and spend $18,990 which will get you the W457 pack which is their OTR, supercharger, full exhaust drive in and drive out including full driveline warranty! This may sound an outrageous suggestion however once you get your W310 pack done for $6500, a month later you will want more so you will start looking at cam's and the like (no driveline warranty) and a better tune so just bit the bullet and go all the way to start with LOL!!! only a lazy 19 grand LOL.....

Oztrack used to be a Walkinshaw agent but aren't anymore and I wanted to do the W310 because of driveline warranty but if I go with Oztrack who are cheaper and do the same work and infact used to be an agent I lose warranty and pay less.

What are people's thoughts on this?

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
If your heart is set on Walky upgrades because of the driveline warranty, go all the way and spend $18,990 which will get you the W457 pack which is their OTR, supercharger, full exhaust drive in and drive out including full driveline warranty! This may sound an outrageous suggestion however once you get your W310 pack done for $6500, a month later you will want more so you will start looking at cam's and the like (no driveline warranty) and a better tune so just bit the bullet and go all the way to start with LOL!!! only a lazy 19 grand LOL.....

Yes I realise that and I have more or less thought the exact same thing but while its under warranty I won't do anymore than the W310 even though I'd love to go all out today. But the W457 is definitely on the horizon once warranty is gone.

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
W457 is great. Everyone should have one.

I take donations if people feel the need to give lol.

I can only imagine how it feels the first time you drive it after that upgrade.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Are donations above $2 tax deductible?

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
Well I got the W310 fitted and just got home and man is it great. Like driving a brand new car but I asked for the OTR but they fitted the side mount air box so I have to wait for the boss to get back to get the OTR.

On holidays now for two weeks and I will be driving the car heaps.