Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Redline power upgrade

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Enjoy it Boot, I know I would! I figured as you have a sedan you better change your monica :tease:

The donation is in the mail. I'll look you up when next in Sydsmoke and take you up on that fang? Careful though, my non W 3++ might just surprise you :smoking:

Seriously though, the W310 puts out a very mean note.

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
Enjoy it Boot, I know I would! I figured as you have a sedan you better change your monica :tease:

The donation is in the mail. I'll look you up when next in Sydsmoke and take you up on that fang? Careful though, my non W 3++ might just surprise you :smoking:

Seriously though, the W310 puts out a very mean note.

No worries mate thanks.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Noboot,

Did you get the OTR fitted? How's it going with the W310?

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
Noboot,

Did you get the OTR fitted? How's it going with the W310?

I didn't get the OTR because I came across a few threads on the net with people saying that the OTR used is an old VCM one and the openings to let the air in aren't like all the new OTR's and it doesn't get the air in as good although it would be better than the side mount CAI the package comes with. People were also saying that the way it sits it can suck in water from when it rains so I decided against it.

But the cars going great and it's how they should be standard I reckon.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I'm interested in hearing more about these intakes. So the VCM OTR (or labelled Walkinshaw version) may be subject to water ingress but the side mount version is not? On Formula Tech's website it states both intake designs are good for up to a 5% increase! Is tuning required after one of these has been fitted?

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
I'm interested in hearing more about these intakes. So the VCM OTR (or labelled Walkinshaw version) may be subject to water ingress but the side mount version is not? On Formula Tech's website it states both intake designs are good for up to a 5% increase! Is tuning required after one of these has been fitted?

To get the full benefits yes I think so.

grantisaac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX11
I have a VF SS Redline and after a lot of research i fitted a Walkinshaw pod filter over the OTR. The main reason is that i live in rural nsw and was worried about water and bug problems with an OTR. There are some very good POD filter designs coming out of the US for the SS and they claim the same power.

Chevy SS Forum

Last edited:

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
I have a VF SS Redline and after a lot of research i fitted a Walkinshaw pod filter over the OTR. The main reason is that i live in rural nsw and was worried about water and bug problems with an OTR. There are some very good POD filter designs coming out of the US for the SS and they claim the same power.

Chevy SS Forum

Is that the pod filter that comes with the Walkinshaw power kits or is it a different one?

grantisaac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX11
Is that the pod filter that comes with the Walkinshaw power kits or is it a different one?

Yes that is the same as the W310 one. Fits good and took me about half an hour to fit.