Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Redline Series 2 - Buying Tips

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Ive always been a HSV fan however it's a bit of a price increase between the Redline and the Clubsport R8. 10+K.
Does the Clubsport have everything the Redline does, heads up display, gps, rear camera etc etc
Cheers

Everything, plus much better seats.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Don't forget you should be comparing a Gen-F Clubsport to a VF2 Redline, as VF didn't get the LS3.
Is it still $10k difference for cars with the same km's, even though the Clubby will be older? Note that there were both Clubsport & Clubsport R8, R8 had more equipment & more powahz, Clubsport had a badge which says it has more power than a VF2 but most of that power is the power of marketing (HSV used a different & less-standard measurement method in order to publish higher power numbers).
One thing to look our for, I can't recall what edition it was but there was a final run of bargain-basement Clubsports just before the release of Gen-F2. Now those have Redline seats & I think not the Bose system nor the sunroof, I also seem to recall that Redline was better equipped in some areas if not as well equipped in others … be sure to compare equipment if looking at one of those, but they really should be worth less than a VF2 Redline IMHO. *edit* tml poasted before I finished my poast - yes it was the Track Edition. I think slightly better brakes & suspension, but less equipment?

Also IMHO, a higher percentage of Clubbies will have been looked after, too, just due to the enthusiast factor.

Last edited:

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Except the R8 track edition - standard redline seats on that one.
yeah i never understood that, have a track edition car, but put crappy edition seats in where you probably want to be held in the most o_O

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Well … I guess if it's a true "track edition", almost doesn't matter what seats they fit, they'd be replaced by something aftermarket & probably of dubious street legality ...

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
One thing to look our for, I can't recall what edition it was but there was a final run of bargain-basement Clubsports just before the release of Gen-F2

but they really should be worth less than a VF2 Redline IMHO.

R8 track and black editions Forg, both released in 2016 so Its GENF-2, so never going to be worth less than redline unfortunately. Quite a good buy at the time, as they used up the last of the LS3's, which weren't going to be Euro 5 compliant in that form beyond November 2016. The track edition in particular came with AP 6 pot brakes and wheels direct from the GTS. There's a good 6-8 grand in that alone. I think it was around $65 for the black and $68 for the track, not including delivery etc.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i never understood that, have a track edition car, but put crappy edition seats in where you probably want to be held in the most o_O

Well … I guess if it's a true "track edition", almost doesn't matter what seats they fit, they'd be replaced by something aftermarket & probably of dubious street legality ...

My mistake, as above the black edition was the base model 'stripper' and the track added a few more goodies for not many more $$. But yep - seats are where they both lack badly

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Also GenF1 had three different OEM performance levels from the LS3 due to exhaust setup.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Don't forget you should be comparing a Gen-F Clubsport to a VF2 Redline, as VF didn't get the LS3.
Is it still $10k difference for cars with the same km's, even though the Clubby will be older? Note that there were both Clubsport & Clubsport R8, R8 had more equipment & more powahz, Clubsport had a badge which says it has more power than a VF2 but most of that power is the power of marketing (HSV used a different & less-standard measurement method in order to publish higher power numbers).
One thing to look our for, I can't recall what edition it was but there was a final run of bargain-basement Clubsports just before the release of Gen-F2. Now those have Redline seats & I think not the Bose system nor the sunroof, I also seem to recall that Redline was better equipped in some areas if not as well equipped in others … be sure to compare equipment if looking at one of those, but they really should be worth less than a VF2 Redline IMHO. *edit* tml poasted before I finished my poast - yes it was the Track Edition. I think slightly better brakes & suspension, but less equipment?

Also IMHO, a higher percentage of Clubbies will have been looked after, too, just due to the enthusiast factor.

Also there was the SV variant with "340"kw, which then became standard at some point before Gen F2 with the LSA.
Why did they make it so confusing to keep track of all the models!

Also GenF1 had three different OEM performance levels from the LS3 due to exhaust setup.

Do you mean the mode select? Does this impact the performance level from the engine? I thought it was just bimodal exhaust and ESP/traction control...

EDIT: on rereading my reply, and lmoengnr's below, I'm guessing you mean the various out of the box power levels from the clubby/R8/SV.

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Also there was the SV variant with "340"kw, which then became standard at some point before Gen F2 with the LSA.
Why did they make it so confusing to keep track of all the models!

Do you mean the mode select? Does this impact the performance level from the engine? I thought it was just bimodal exhaust and ESP/traction control...

Euro 5 regs basically killed off the HSV performance LS3's...
The Euro 5 spec 304kw LS3 feels soft and doughy compared to the Euro 4 317/325/340kw versions.

But decent intake/exhaust bolt on's and tune levels the playing field.