Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Redline - Torque Management System

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Howdy,

I'd like to know whether having Torque Management for my 6L80e disabled in my tune is going to provide me with faster shifts?

The reason I ask this is that my gearbox has been tuned, however it seems to lag quite a bit in manual mode between shift level pull and shift occuring. Sometimes on downshifts I'll have to push the lever 3 or 4 times before it will actually shift, and that is not under load or at high rpm.

Also even on my ~35,000k old tires it doesn't break traction in the 1-2 shift, I would have thought with 270 odd rwkw it would be breaking traction.

I've found this to be different from my brothers E3 Clubby that not only seems to shift instantly when requested in manual mode, but also 'chirps' into second.

Power wise our cars are very similar:

Clubby - 260rwkw
Redline - 272rwkw

My car was tuned by C&A Autofashion, my brothers by HP-F.

Any thoughts on this/where to get the box tuned again?

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Bump10chars

KPM Motorsport

Reaction score
Members Ride
Workshop Develoment vehicles
Yes

Reducing and / or removing torque mangemnt will alow your transmission to transfer more toqrue.
Our Streetfighter dealer in Carrum Downs , Chevs Performance can take care of all your tuning needs.