Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Release date?

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
this may be a cardinal sin to post in the VE section, but does anyone know when the VF is going to be released?

i just know it would burn me if i upgraded my car to a series 2 and then the VF came out 6 months later...

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
yeh, so like a year and a half pretty much, hmmmmm decisions!

it amazes me how long they are keeping the VE around as the max most other models were around was 5 years.....the series 2 VE got released after 5 years of the VE being around already

so say the VF comes out close to 2014 then the VE has been around for 8 years...2006-2014......

the Series 2 only just got released not long ago which makes me think theyll keep them in production for a little while longer??

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
its been pretty damn successful, y release a new model when they can pump out more of the same model for a bit longer :)

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
its been pretty damn successful, y release a new model when they can pump out more of the same model for a bit longer :)

agreed! i think there's also alot of money to be made by holden with the "supposed" turbo 6's that will be introduced with the VF's to challenge the xr6t, that's if there's any truth to the rumours

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
the ve's were in production for so long because yes they were successfull and also the global financial crises hit so gm couldnt really afford to start making a new model at the time so they kept the ve.

lol the 3.0TT will only produce 220kw(apparently) which will come no where near the xr6T's

VUS5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 Clubsport
the 3.0TT will only produce 220kw(apparently) which will come no where near the xr6T's
but with a little work they eat a xr6t

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
yeah tune exhaust and a few other goodies and it will munch the xr6t

but stock against stock the xr6t will be all over the 3.0TT. but imagine how much power they will be making stock after a few years of being in production ;)

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
The VE has been around for years, but the current version has had several major upgrades each model year since it was first released.
IMO the old practice of changing the shape of the headlights and changing the name to V-whatever everytime you've got an upgrade to release is pointless and a waste of money.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
waste of money...? would holden get the same sale figures if they kept the same shape and names throughout the ve's production??

yeah they would still sell but it would get boring. so they need to make changes and spice it up abit to keep people interested.