Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Release date?

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
calaber your confusing body life cycle with platform cycle.
series 2 and vf are body style reworks 2018 will be platform regig.

the GFC has prolonged and kept to a minimum the actual changes effected i.e until Vf no sheet metal changes just plastics

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
calaber your confusing body life cycle with platform cycle.
series 2 and vf are body style reworks 2018 will be platform regig.

the GFC has prolonged and kept to a minimum the actual changes effected i.e until Vf no sheet metal changes just plastics

Jason

I don't know how you can arrive at that conclusion. I clearly stated that a totally new design is not due before 2018 and that it won't be a VE update. I was trying to get a timetable for the remaining lifespan of the VE shell up till that time. I also referred to it being a completely new shape, subject to US approval. I was meaning that as a whole new car, not just another VE facelift or a new body on the Zeta platform.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good thread Cabler ;)

Reaper

Reap

I just wonder if some guys (obviously not you) on this forum ever read anything other than the forum and Playboy. I only re-iterate what's been liberally spread around in the media so sometimes, I wonder why guys seem to know SFA about basic facts.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
sorry mate i dont quite follow you here
are you talking a vx to vy sort of change I.e same platform different sheet metal or VY to VZ cosmetic update.

cosmetic updates were planned to be 4-5 years sheet metal after 8years or so and platforms no less that 12-15.
the time frames havent changed as such but the extent of the changes made have been scaled back to save $

thats how i always read it (between the lines) as they never actualy tell the public straight out

the whole point was to help turn around the loss of value caused every time a new model came out to superseed the previous minor mechanical updates during the life of the vehicle creat a more stable used car market for the vehicle

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
VF - 2013 - VX to VY sort of update.
VF 2 - 2015/16 - VY to VY 2 sort of update
V whatever - 2018 - VZ to VE sort of update.

They did tell the public at the VE's introduction that it was planned for a six year body cycle, compared to previous models which had run for 8 to 9 years. I don't recall if they intended to mean a total bodyshell change or merely updated shells on existing platforms, but I imagine it would have been retaining an updated Zeta platform. Remember though, that when the VE was intro'd, it was the first of what was to be a family of Zeta platforms world-wide, with Pontiac, Chev, Holden, Buick and I think even a Euro version, though that might just have been the Vauxhall VXR8. Much has changed and only the Commodore/Statesman and Camaro will ever be built on the Zeta now.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Depreciation!

Who said Commodores depreciate quickly.

I have just traded my MY09 SV6 Manual for less than $11,000 under what I paid for it 2.5 years and 74,000 km ago. Traded on a 2011 build too, not a 2010 MY11.

The most surprising part was that I managed to equal (well within $309) the deal I got back at the height of the GFC crisis. And received reversing camera and parking sensors as well.

COMMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE OMEGA
The Holden VF Commodore is currently in development and is due for release in 2013-2014. The car is a re-skin of its predecessor the VE Commodore, it has been revealed two-years ahead of its release on the front cover of Wheels Magazine. The VF takes styling cues from the Chevrolet Volt and Holden Cruze. It is expected to feature aluminum body panels to decrease weight, combined with improved aerodynamics and more efficient engines, to increase vehicle fuel economy by 7% compared to previous models. Aluminum panels are expected to be used to in the bonnet and boot lid.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I would say the vf has been in development for at least a few years now. They probably have a fairly good idea what it will be like. I work in product development and these things take time.

Do gm do many turbo engines?

I'd love to see a 6l quad cam engine in the v8s and maybe a v6 with variable valve timing myself