Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Release date?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
hahahaha then again, if we beat ford in our V8s then im happy :) lol

Oh and also im sorta disapointed in holden making a V6 TURBO, copying FORD but then again its TWIN so thats good, but would have been happier if it was a V6 SUPERCHARGED as it would be our OWN holden idea, Unlike for stealing the V6TURBO idea from nissan.

AND holden was sorta known for having the bigger L in numbers ( 6.2 ) now they dropped down to 5.5? Like i dono im not gona say anything till im behind the wheel, also a nice stock v8 supercharged would be nice as ford brang out there supercharged 335kw v8 :(

but when i think of it, ford needs a supercharger on there V8 to keep up to our N/A V8 :D

#### DO I LOVE HOLDEN :)

Holden had a turbo way before Ford bought one out. Nissan motor but Holden did all the R&D bolting the snail on the side. I'd be surprised if they do come out with a turbo V6 myself - they are costly enough on inline motors, packaging and cost is huge on a V motor.

Gees, I wish you guys would get your facts straight about Holden history instead of sprouting off half-correct information.

Nissan didn't "give" Holden anything. Unleaded fuel regulations were due to be introduced in mid 1986 and Holden knew the old black six could not be upgraded effectively to run on unleaded. The Holden engineers had to search the world for a suitable sized engine for the next model Commodore, which was to be called "VL", and was to comply with the unleaded regulations. The RB30 was the most suitable and most cost-effective alternative available at the time (this was around 1983-84). Another alternative that was considered was the Buick V6, but it was considered to be too old to put into a new car, as it had been in production for many years already, and the cost difference between the Nissan and Buick engines was not very much. The Nissan engine had the advantage of being more modern as well.

By the time the VL was released, the exchange rate between the Japanese Yen and the Australian Dollar had altered significantly, to Holden's detriment and the RB30 was no longer the cheap alternative it had been. That's one reason why the VL was the only model to run the Nissan engine. When development of the VN commenced, it was obvious that another engine was required and Holden was forced to go back to the Buick V6 because of the cost and its superior torque characteristics, which better suited the heavier VN.

spot on!

Yeah so the concept is the same :S isnt it ? BOTH STRAIGHT 6 TURBO IN THE END.

As for holden their V6 and when they had supechargers, they were V6 S/C. They could have had V6 Turbo but i believe they wanted to be different. HENCE S/C

Lol - had nothing to do with wanting to be different - was about cost. SC on V6/8 Motors is a ton cheaper, not to mention trying to fit the thing in!

Reaper

Last edited:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
coyote motor is extremely good KPM are offering a 500kw package for them and will honor your new car warranty that goes to show how tough these motors are.
I was at the drag the other weekend there was Coyote's in full trim with mods running low 11's impressive for a new car most of the xr6t and f6's were in the 13's and 12's

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
coyote motor is extremely good KPM are offering a 500kw package for them and will honor your new car warranty that goes to show how tough these motors are.
I was at the drag the other weekend there was Coyote's in full trim with mods running low 11's impressive for a new car most of the xr6t and f6's were in the 13's and 12's

Excellent motor from Ford in the US but pitty they aren't putting resources into chassis development to fully take advantage of it. Anybody who wants one will have around 4 years I suspect. :(

Reaper

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yeah well it seems tailshafts is something they break quite easily:p

Comfal

Reaction score
If it takes until the end of 2013 to release the VF,Holden will have to give away the VE II by this time next year as it is starting to become stale.
I cannot see how they can wait that long and keep sales ticking over. They will have to release it by the end of 2012 at the latest.(Even this is too late in my mind)

I have a friend with a 2006 VE and he always buys Commodores and he is ready to update but even though there has been improvements along the way he does not want to spend his hard earned cash to buy a new car which looks almost identical to his old one.

They have given the Cruze more of an update in 2 years than what they have with the Commodore in 5 years.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I hate to sound anal but the R35 GTR is a V6 TT.

i too, hate to sound anal but i was under the impression the R35 GTR was a GTR, not a skyline. they have ditched the skyline badge.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
If it takes until the end of 2013 to release the VF,Holden will have to give away the VE II by this time next year as it is starting to become stale.
I cannot see how they can wait that long and keep sales ticking over. They will have to release it by the end of 2012 at the latest.(Even this is too late in my mind)

I have a friend with a 2006 VE and he always buys Commodores and he is ready to update but even though there has been improvements along the way he does not want to spend his hard earned cash to buy a new car which looks almost identical to his old one.

They have given the Cruze more of an update in 2 years than what they have with the Commodore in 5 years.

This is why the VEII will be given a facelift before the VF, as far as I know.

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
Perhaps a Series 3 next year?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride

How do you think I feel??? I'm on my 3rd!

Reaper