Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Rims on WK Statesman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman WK 03 - LS1
Hi All!

Just purchased an 03' 5.7 Stato, it's got rims on it but I'm thinking of swapping them out.
Any idea if the VF rims are the same stud pattern? I've seen a photo that would suggest so, but thought I'd check regardless.

cp5222588037708181807.jpg

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Same stud pattern different bore diameter. VF wheels have to be bored out to go on the early (VN-VZ)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
As wraith said the stub axles hubs are a different diameter, the VE is smaller at 66.9mm and the earlier models are 69.6mm and therefore you need to have the rim hub centres machined and depending on how good the job is you may or may not also need hub centric rings fitted.

To allow for wider rims to be fitted the wheel studs on the VE are also thicker (VE = 14mm & Pre VE = 12mm) and it is a wise and safer decision to also fit new acorn wheel nuts with the appropriate tapper to suit the wheel nut seats to compensate for the thinner studs even though a lot of owners tend to ignore or are unware of this fact and just refit their existing nuts.

Mat OHara

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn 5.0 Calais
I have had some vf wheels machined to fit my Vn Calais..they fit on the back but the tyres rub on the bottom of the suspension spring on the front?? Does anyone know if spacers will fix this ? If so how thick?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Are they 18's? If so you just need a more suitable tyre. Something like a 235/40/18. Don't forget the proper wheel nuts.

Mat OHara

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn 5.0 Calais
52426171-4E76-49A1-AACB-B2BCFCA4A088.jpeg
Yeah I got the proper wheel nuts! Will talk to my tyre man see what he can do cheers for ya advice!!

Last edited: