Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf s1 wagon mods

Brad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf wagon
Hi all

Me and the missus are about to buy a 2014 vf ss wagon. It's stock at the moment but am wanting to do some mods asap. I know the exhaust, otr and tune should see about 360whp but im wanting a bit more. This is going to be my wife's shopping trolley so not keen on heads and cam. What other mods has anyone done. Also thinking about NOS and a diff gear change. Anyone had any experience with these.

Thanks in advance.
Brad

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just to be sure ... you’re aware of the legalities involved WRT the laughing gas?

I’d have classed a cam (an appropriate one for a road car) as a considerably less ‘invasive’ mod than NOS. :)

Brad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf wagon
Just to be sure ... you’re aware of the legalities involved WRT the laughing gas?
Yeah the gas will be for a little more fun at the track

Brad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf wagon
I was sort of steering away from the cam idea as its to be my wife's everyday car. Dont want a lumpy idle and needs to remain its drivability when cold

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ah, well to put my comment in context; the ~45kW difference between your car and an LS3 car is about 80% camshaft, and about 20 the increase in cubic capacity ... yet a VF2 idles like a baby. :)

Brad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf wagon
Ah, well to put my comment in context; the ~45kW difference between your car and an LS3 car is 90% camshaft, 10% the increase in cubic capacity ... yet a VF2 idles like a baby. :)

Point taken. Thanks mate

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I’d have classed a cam (an appropriate one for a road car) as a considerably less ‘invasive’ mod than NOS.
NOS will get real invasive too if used on any regular basis on a stock engine which doesn't have the ring gaps set for nitrous use.

The stock cam in an L77 is pathetic. You can go a small to mid cam for a good power increase without any drivability compromise, but it starts to get expensive when you need to redo the whole valvetrain to suit.