Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by iamandrew, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    Indeed; and to be honest, before your post I hadn't realised quite why they had the inflatable pig (which escaped) as part of their '88 tour. :D

2. mwb235

mwb235 Guest

I wonder if it was called “Plugger”?:D
    (More stupid humour. I’m a Sydney Swans fan. I better shut up now as I might be just confusing people!)

3. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
    Algie (as she is known) broke away when Pink Floyd were shooting the album cover for Animals in '77 at Battersea power station and she shut down Heathrow airport when she drifted into the flight paths.

BTW, Awesome concert last week.

4. [paradox]

[paradox] Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 SSV-R
    i got mine done yesterday, it finally lets me turn on/off various POIs on the map which is good.
    otherwise who knows how old it is, it doesn't have a an on/off ramp near me on the m4 that was opened about a year ago.

5. KING46Calais V

KING46Calais V Active Member

Members Ride:
    2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
    I spoke to Holden today and they told me an update was put out at the beginning of this month.
    Part/reference number is 84160883

6. Actilux

Actilux New Member

Members Ride:
    Red Hot VFII SSV Redline
    Yep, got that update last week

7. Anthony121

Anthony121 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
    Does that upgrade still have camera alerts?

8. Actilux

Actilux New Member

Members Ride:
    Red Hot VFII SSV Redline
    Yes, mine didn't before, does now

9. KING46Calais V

Members Ride:
    So what is new or updated with the new maps?
    Any point forking out the $160 or are they still years behind?

10. KING46Calais V

Members Ride:
    Mine is a June 2017 build and has the camera alerts and POI"s able to be switched on and off. I'm sure there must be other upgrades in the new version.

11. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    @DrewPeacock76 posted his software versions here. Can you please take a picture from your MyLink system "Software version information" and post it so we can compare?

According to @blackjacknz's post that followed DrewPeackock's, item "84019565" @ version 30.11.OF.11 is supposedly the sat nav, presumably a map data file at a guess, and it is a previous release to the supposed current version.

According to @KING46Calais V, it seems the "item" is a part number which to be honest is retarded way to present something witin a software version list. Such abstracted item and version numbering is ****!

So, is there a detailed list of what the "items" are and what their version breakdown actually means?And is there a corresponding list that groups the same software items (with different part numbers) so someone can male sense of it all?

With such bullshit abstraction of information, it's not wonder the Dealer Service Department and Holden Customer (couldn't) Care (less) seem to be able to spout comlplete and utter rubbish about what is what.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  12. [paradox]

[paradox] Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 SSV-R
    from my service yesterday

[​IMG] IMG_1330 (Large).JPG IMG_1331 (Large).JPG

just the 1 row different 84160883 - 30.12.10.11

13. Skylarking

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    @PaRaDoX, thanks for the heads up about your updated map version.

The dealer was meant to update my maps before delivery of my September 2017 build MSE which occured mid Jan 2018. Sadly the continual delay menty it didn't occur and my delivered MSe contains old maps.

I then expected that the map updates would be applied at the MSE's one month inspection which occured mid feb 2018. Unfortunately i didn't specifically mention this and nothing was updated. I'm still showing 84019565 Version 30.11.0F.11 via the MyLink Software Version Information screen.

So, the continual map update delays from by HHQ, who seemed to have again released an old map, seems even more gaulling to me.
    Considering updated maps were available mid feb, i think it's rather poor form i'm still sporting old maps on such a new vehicle.

Likely the dealer will now state there were no maps available at the time of delievery and will likley want me to pay for the update at my 1st service.
    And from what you said about the one year old on-ramp not being shown on the latest Holden maps, likely it's not worth it.

I may give Customer Care a call about this.

Really, i don't know why Holden maps aren't a free update during warranty period and handled as a matter of course during service like many other manufacturers seem to do. Maybe Holden is hard up for cash to fund the executive's bonus so we should send the collection hat around o_O

14. blackjacknz

blackjacknz Member

Members Ride:
    MY17 SV6 Ute
    If you get onto Holden Customer Service (I did it through Facebook) and request the maps for free. I took delivery of my SV6 ute in Nov (June Build). I said i would presume that the update would be free as the maps that it came with are about 5 years out of date. He authorised it...and its now on my file for the dealer to check when i get it in next.

He initially said he could have it done for free at my first service, but that had just been completed (1 month) and i didn't want to wait for another 9 months...so he agreed for it to be free if i just book the ute in.

15. Skylarking

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    I'll look into it, thanks ;)

16. [paradox]

[paradox] Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 SSV-R
    yeah i got mine done for free at the first service, my service manager said they had to discuss it with holden, but got back to me pretty quickly and said they would cover the costs. But I had to give them the service bulletin number as at first they said nothing was available, and after that it magically was, and they then had to order it in. I really don't know why it's not a simpler process. TomTom/Navman have been releasing separate maps/poi's for years it's not a new thing.

but yeah they're not that new, if you're in sydney they still have the cameras on the m4 @ cumberland highway.. they haven't been there since 2014

17. Skylarking

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    @PaRaDoX do you have a copy of the service bulletin you referenced? Can you post a copy?

18. [paradox]

[paradox] Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 SSV-R
    No sorry, i was just told it was Aftersales bulliten 2018-R3827

Skylarking likes this.
  19. Skylarking

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    @PaRaDoX thanks for the bulletin number but turns out it wasn’t needed.

I rang HCC and was told that if a vehicle is < 6 month old and a new sat nav database is released, you qualify for an update which HCC can authorise for the work to be done... expecting an email some time soon.

Truth be known, I’ve been promised lots of things by HCC and they haven’t delivered on their promises in the past so for me the reality is I’ll only believe it when the maps are updated without charge.

What I don’t get is why should the customer first get pissed that service didn’t update the maps at first inspection? why should the customer need to ring up and complain so HCC can justify it as “good will gesture” and authorise the work?

A decent processe would mandate the service department check for new maps, check the age of the vehicle and contact HCC to get authorisation if < 6 mo, then update the maps. When the vehicle is picked up, they highlight the work they did including the map update and in that way the customer will be pleased at getting new maps, rather than pissed at finding out their new car has 5 yo map and they didn’t get the latest update in their new machine. If the vehicle is > 6 mo, then they can call the owner and offer new maps for $$.

It’s basic good business which Holden and their dealer network seem to be failing in. It’s a sad indictment that doesn’t bode well for Holden’s future.

[paradox] likes this.
  20. dgp

dgp Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SSV Redline
    I had my maps updated at service today. Only difference in software is listed third from the bottom.

IMG_8999.JPG