Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Interest Tazzi, Keep doing your magic because i can see a lot of future 2015 or earlier Commodore's getting your update. If you ever get to do this how will it be doing ... via a USB stick or via the OB2 port
That programming is all done via the OBD2 port.

Just amazed that Holden says they are 'incompatible'. Yet.. its almost an identical file that get loaded in!!!!

Black5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Senator
My dealer called me to ask more about the bluetooth issues and the phone cut in and out a couple of times during the call.
Holden are now going to swap out the MyLink system in my car with a new one.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
That programming is all done via the OBD2 port.

Just amazed that Holden says they are 'incompatible'. Yet.. its almost an identical file that get loaded in!!!!

All you have to do is work out how to do it for future Customers that live 2000 Miles away as we are talking about the OBD2 to do the Update.

Question!!
Do you get Holden to Load the Latest Maps First and give the MyLink the Latest Firmware update before your magic get feed in the OBD2 post

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option
What I'd be interested in, Tazl, is if you can modify the MyLink to work with Apple CarPlay - you'd be on a winner there I reckon.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
All you have to do is work out how to do it for future Customers that live 2000 Miles away as we are talking about the OBD2 to do the Update.

Question!!
Do you get Holden to Load the Latest Maps First and give the MyLink the Latest Firmware update before your magic get feed in the OBD2 post
It would be good to update your Magic via my OBD2 Port on the MY15 VF SV6 Storm by using my licensed Software On ELM Street with the ELM 327 cable. Yes this would be good in many ways.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Or even how JSB Performance flash the "Performance screen" in the dash... via an OBD2 connector and a USB drive.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute

Question!!
I do everything in house, so the mylink is updated to the latest firmware and navigation maps updated to the latest as well :)

The POI can then be pushed onto

What I'd be interested in, Tazl, is if you can modify the MyLink to work with Apple CarPlay - you'd be on a winner there I reckon.
That may be a little bit out of my capabilities for now!. If they ever bring it into the newer vehicles, I'll definately be working on a way to put it into the older ones.

It would be good to update your Magic via my OBD2 Port on the MY15 VF SV6 Storm by using my licensed Software On ELM Street with the ELM 327 cable. Yes this would be good in many ways.
Unfortunately not possible. The 'ELM' cable is physically incapable of performing full reflashes to any of the modules in a VF. The cable is not complex enough to handle the technical requirements for reflashing.

I am using my new diagnostic cable (Envy Cable) for the reflashing currently. It also works via a flash box.

Pretty much anything I can do, can be done on bench. Theres some things though that I HAVE to do in person including things like TPMS enable, paddle shift enable ect.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That may be a little bit out of my capabilities for now!. If they ever bring it into the newer vehicles, I'll definately be working on a way to put it into the older ones.
Start working then! :)
More recent GM stuff like all the Daewoos (and may e the Opels) have a newer version of MyLink that has CarPlay & Android Auto. Can't sell a Spark to the stereotypical Spark target-market without it.

In theory, hardware is needed which doesn't exist in the Commodore's version of MyLink. But then, hardware is missing from a 2014 VF which stops POI alerts from being possible, so ...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am using my new diagnostic cable (Envy Cable) for the reflashing currently. It also works via a flash box.
Interesting! (haven't had a look yet if you sell them or this is your own device) do you sell you Envy Cable or the Flash Box?
Yes all you will have to work out so People 2 Thousands K's away on the other side of the country can flash their Mylink in the easiest way without no dramas.
More info please

Many thanks

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Start working then! :)
More recent GM stuff like all the Daewoos (and may e the Opels) have a newer version of MyLink that has CarPlay & Android Auto. Can't sell a Spark to the stereotypical Spark target-market without it.

In theory, hardware is needed which doesn't exist in the Commodore's version of MyLink. But then, hardware is missing from a 2014 VF which stops POI alerts from being possible, so ...

Unfortunately thats like comparing a Mac to a windows PC.
The VF systems run on a different OS (QNX.. or something along those lines). Other Holdens that have mylinks do not run the same system, so their updates and calibrations are not compatible in any way. So 'porting' something like that would probably need real developer access. :confused:

well.. that what Holdens tells you to for why theres no POI. Holden technical would be advising the workers to say that.
But.. clearly not an issue.. as I have POI on a 2014 mylink happily!

Last edited: