Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
Interesting reading, I'm looking at a VF SSV Redline (05.14) how can I check if the latest updates are installed, it's coming from a Holden dealer.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Interesting reading, I'm looking at a VF SSV Redline (05.14) how can I check if the latest updates are installed, it's coming from a Holden dealer.
If the VF is a May 2014 Model you will be able to get the latest map updates that are 2 years old but you will not be able to get the PIO's what are really needed. Tazzi is working on this so VF from 2013 to the late 2015 will have the Lateset Maps (still 2 years old) but will have all the POI's which include Railways and Schools which is important for me because I old and forget the Collection of Schools around our area where the cops are waiting with their cameras.
If you go back on this thread or another similar thread you will find that member have a Photo of the Latest maps and the latest Mylink update.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Just so everyone is aware, the actual maps database update must be performed through Holden.
While they are there, they SHOULD do a full firmware (USB Update) and configurations upgrade to the latest versions available from your car.

Once the unit is on the latest versions, I am then able to enable the POI options in older mylink models (2013 to 2015).
This *can* be done via a flashbox. But due to the nature of the update requiring the car to be on the latest revisions, its something that I would only feel comfortable doing with the mylink silver box in hand to do the change.

I will be providing a post in service soon for these POI upgrades (And also logos changes if wanted ect). Will hopefully have some other little custom goodies to choose from also.

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Calais V 6.0ltr V8
I have a mate that used to work for City Holden in the service dept, he's managed to get me in for a free MyLink Upgrade & $100 for the Map Update. Apparently, the map update needs to be purchased as per a customer order & downloaded, it's not something they have "on hand". It's booked in for the 3/7 so I will post back once it's been done.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I have a mate that used to work for City Holden in the service dept, he's managed to get me in for a free MyLink Upgrade & $100 for the Map Update. Apparently, the map update needs to be purchased as per a customer order & downloaded, it's not something they have "on hand". It's booked in for the 3/7 so I will post back once it's been done.
Spot on!

The 'maps' are all the same, the same USB is used for all VF's.
Its the license file that Holden has to wait to download. Every vehicle has its own specific license file.

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y
Spot on!

The 'maps' are all the same, the same USB is used for all VF's.
Its the license file that Holden has to wait to download. Every vehicle has its own specific license file.
Yeah that's what he was saying but supposedly these are the latest maps (god only knows how old they still actually are, i'll find out more once I get there).

Black5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Senator
Y

Yeah that's what he was saying but supposedly these are the latest maps (god only knows how old they still actually are, i'll find out more once I get there).

The "latest" map updates are from March 2015.
Even $100 is too much to pay for such outdated data.
Send an email to Holden Customer care or ask your mate to apply a little pressure and you should be able to get them for free as many others have done.

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
The "latest" map updates are from March 2015.
Even $100 is too much to pay for such outdated data.
Send an email to Holden Customer care or ask your mate to apply a little pressure and you should be able to get them for free as many others have done.
My car is out of warranty so I'm not sure what pull I would have with Holden Customer Care. I was a just happy with getting it done for the cost of the download that the dealership incurs. Still not good though if the latest update is from March 2015!!!

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I just spoke to Customer Care & they have advised me that there is a 2017 Version for the Nav. I have requested the Version Number & he is going to email me. Will post back once I have the info.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
stupid questions if car is tune will that affect anything when the map upgrade is done?