Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
To save me having to read through 287 posts because I'm such a lazy bugger, is Ver. No. 51.11.1A.33 confirmed as the most up to date version available?

Cheers,

Seems so. My version numbers are identical to a guy from a few pages back who had the updates done in April. Maybe Tazzi can explain which numbers mean what.

How did you get the update for free?

I reported a Mylink fault at the service, I guess Holden have told them to reset and update everything and see how it goes.

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option
[QUOTE="I reported a Mylink fault at the service, I guess Holden have told them to reset and update everything and see how it goes.[/QUOTE]

What problem(s) were you having? Mine has just started doing odd GPS things. Monday I saw a little icon top left on the GPS screen that showed GPS with a red line through it - although it was working OK. The next day the GPS had its knickers in a knot and wouldn't track my progress at all. Then the day after that it sort of worked but got completely lost and didn't know where it was. After that it seemed to recover somewhat but tracked progress on the map was very jerky and lagged considerably.
Oh yeah, the other thing I'm not happy with is the way that I get blasted in the face with hot air when I've got the heating set to warm my feet! Surely that's wrong?
Here's a pic of the GPS icon:
GPS-(NOT).jpg

And here's a pic of where the GPS thought it was and where I told it to go (my driveway, which I was at when I took the pic).
My wife's thumb is pointing to the chequered flag (where I live) - note also that the car position pointer is somewhere other than Washburton Rd, there aren't any roads where it thought it was!
Where-the-f---.jpg

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Those of you that have the latest map update can you confirm if this address is recognised:
Firebrick Road
Moorebank NSW

Not a good test. My GTS 7/2016 doesn't have the latest maps but I can still enter that address and it shows me Firebank Rd off Turton Rd with an arrow, but the scale doesn't allow it to show all road names in that area (including Firebrick).

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Funny, I travelled from Canberra to Sydney and back last weekend. Whilst in Sydney MyLink also displayed the GPS symbol with the red line through it indicated it had lost signal/didn't have a GPS fix. First time I'd ever seen it. I was out in the open too, not amongst buildings, sky was clear and there was nothing around that would interfere with signals. I saw it a few times over the weekend, but haven't since.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
What problem(s) were you having?

Mine is cruel and unusual torture. Sometimes Mylink wouldn't turn on at all, so I drive around with a black screen yet the radio would be playing, but I can't turn it off or adjust the volume. Other times it refuses to shut down- turn off car, get out, lock it & walk away- radio still blasting inside the car, it shuts down 5-10 mins later. Other times it keeps restarting when driving, ie the Holden logo animation keeps randomly popping up. Reverse camera also gets stuck on. Overall my unit is pretty haunted, but it's been behaving since the update, fingers crossed!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Seems so. My version numbers are identical to a guy from a few pages back who had the updates done in April. Maybe Tazzi can explain which numbers mean what.

I reported a Mylink fault at the service, I guess Holden have told them to reset and update everything and see how it goes.

Theres lots of confusion when it comes to updates.

To break it down for everyone, there are three types of updates:
1) Main Firmware USB Update - This is the Mylink firmware/operating system (It runs the show.. just like windows)

2) Configuration Updates - This is done through flashing (Not the stripper kind..), I did a quick demo of this a page or so back turning on the POI in a 2014 mylink

3) Navigation Updates - This is done through USB but only does the maps.

Once the maps have been updated, it should show 84019565 version 30.11.0F.11

Option 1 and 2 do not cost the Holden dealership anything to use. So when they say you get a 'free update during service', this is probably the configuration update only, or if they are nice enough, also the main firmware update (Which takes AGES).

Option 3, does actually cost the dealership money and time. They have to pay for the maps in advanced, using your VIN as the license which is why they ask for it prior to coming in, then have to wait between 1-3 days to get the required license to be generated an sent through to the dealership for use.
Due to the amount of people that bail on a service/update, alot of dealerships request payment upfront for maps, otherwise they pay for a maps update which never gets used.

Hope that helps clear up confusion!

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option
Theres lots of confusion when it comes to updates.

To break it down for everyone, there are three types of updates:
1) Main Firmware USB Update - This is the Mylink firmware/operating system (It runs the show.. just like windows)

2) Configuration Updates - This is done through flashing (Not the stripper kind..), I did a quick demo of this a page or so back turning on the POI in a 2014 mylink

3) Navigation Updates - This is done through USB but only does the maps.

Once the maps have been updated, it should show 84019565 version 30.11.0F.11

Hope that helps clear up confusion!

Thanks for the info, TazzI.
However, if I am correct, update 2 is done by people such as yourself - not a Holden dealer?
In any case, I bet if I went to my Holden service guys and asked them about flashing MyLink they wouldn't have a clue what I'm talking about. I live in a small coastal town and it took me ages to even convince them that there was a map update available - and that was only after I sent an appropriate query to Holden themselves.
A question regarding flashing: It only applies to older car models? The reason I ask is because after I had my firmware updated in May this year for my MY16 Calais I got the speed cam POI.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Thanks for the info, TazzI.
However, if I am correct, update 2 is done by people such as yourself - not a Holden dealer?
In any case, I bet if I went to my Holden service guys and asked them about flashing MyLink they wouldn't have a clue what I'm talking about. I live in a small coastal town and it took me ages to even convince them that there was a map update available - and that was only after I sent an appropriate query to Holden themselves.
A question regarding flashing: It only applies to older car models? The reason I ask is because after I had my firmware updated in May this year for my MY16 Calais I got the speed cam POI.
Option 1 and 2 are done by Holden, but I can do them too along with other custom changes that Holden can't.
Option 3 (Maps) is a go to Holden only kinda deal.

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Calais V 6.0ltr V8
So I got my Firmware Update & Map Update completed yesterday. I have noticed a couple things different in the maps like Adelaide Oval showing how it is etc. I have the reversing lines as well.
Spoke to the Service guy who is my mates ex co worker & he even said that the February Update is the first & only Map Update since the VF was released & confirmed that it's still about 18months behind. He said that's GM for you, said to check every 6 months if something new is out but they don't find out until it's actually released. Touch wood, I haven't had any of the issues that some owners are having here.

@tazzl what sort of custom stuff can you do?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
@tazzl what sort of custom stuff can you do?

Theres a few custom things that can be done on the mylink. Heres a quick list:
- Camera,schools ect POI for Navigation on 2014/2015 Vehicles (Which the update doesnt add)
- Custom startup logo and background theme (Red or blue Holden, HSV, Chev and a bunch of others)
- Enable HSV EDI button (Ready for an EDI to be fitted and used)
- Upgrade to a nav Mylink (If you have non-nav)

Eventually I will find more things as I do more research and development. May be able to do custom wallpapers, true custom animations.. maybe even a custom app.. who knows!

For the instrument clusters, some of the things include:
- VF Performance page enable (Show battery, coolant, oil temp, oil pressure, 0-100km/hr timer ect).
- Black and white to colour screen cluster upgrades
- Custom boot animation and background/wallpaper. When I say custom, I mean it literally, can set it to as ironman if you wanted!

Other kits include:
- Factory Tyre pressure monitoring kit
- Factory Paddle shift kit for 2014 to 2017.

Keep in mind, Holden will say that paddles cannot be added to 2014 and early 2015 VF's :)

Anyways.. enough of my rants! Back to the (hopeless) navigation sagas. ;)